AC starts then quits
I am trying to install AC on linux 10.10. It starts to load then closes. I got it to start once for 30 seconds or so. I have went through the readme and the wiki. Can some one please hel.
Thanks given by:
highdesert Wrote:Can some one please hel.
[Image: hell.jpg]
That is hell.
HTH

Can you list any error messages you receive when the game closes?
Thanks given by:

OpenAL Error (A004): invalid operation, line 352
OpenAL Error (A004): invalid operation, line 352

(exe:1707): Gdk-WARNING **: XID collision, trouble ahead

(exe:1707): Gdk-WARNING **: XID collision, trouble ahead

(nautilus:1432): GConf-CRITICAL **: gconf_value_free: assertion `value != NULL' failed

I think is what im getting, but Im not completly sure.
Thanks given by:
That's what heppens to my sauerbraten.

Probably graphics card, no?
Thanks given by:
I think its drivers and maybe some lib issue. I am having problems with updating Ati drivers on Linux.
Thanks given by:
Try using envy to update your drivers :-

http://ubuntuguide.net/envyng-a-tool-to-...-on-ubuntu

you may have more luck.

Thanks given by:
The errors posted sound more like the problem is with OpenAL instead of the video drivers.
highdesert: the wiki does mention you might have more luck using openal-soft - or you might need to compile OpenAL yourself (also described). Another possible solution might be to try compiling the game yourself entirely - maybe the packaged version depends on older libraries; we're trying to provide the binaries for the most common systems out there as best we can.
Thanks given by:
I have tried the envyng and cant find it. terminal says it cant find file. Also i have installed openal-soft as well plus the listed library content. It seems the version of linux i have may not support the Ati driver setup as it does not have gblic version 2.2 or 2.3 it has 2.12.... trying to figure it all out yet. Thanks for help.
Thanks given by:
If it's ATi, I've always found, best way to install ATi drivers, is go to their website, download them and then run the *.bin file as root and install ONLY the generic package.

(but that's just my experience)
Thanks given by:
Ati drivers suck.I follow the readme and nothing happens, I will have to wait for a better setup to come along for AC :(
Thanks given by: