AC 1.1 SVN - Win7 - Serverlist/Scoreboard display bug
I discussed this with flowtron and fundog yesterday in the IRC. So far this bug seems to appear on my PC only. To make sure of this I am searching here in the forums for people who have the same display problem.

AC 1.1 server list
[Image: ac_serverlist_ss_01.jpg]

You can see in the screenshot the word "ping" is missing the "g" and the number of ping is missing a digit. The 39 should be a 390.

[Image: ac_serverlist_ss_02.jpg]
If you use the arrow keys on the serverlist you can switch to the next column
If I switch to the plr column the "r" disappears and the word ping is still "pin".
Now I switch to the column server and the word "ping" gets back his g as well as plr gets back his r. However in the server column are signs missing now.

Scoreboard
[Image: ac_scoreboard_ss_01.jpg]
Here is the ping a 2 digit number instead of a 3 digit number.

If somebody has the same display problems please post here.

Now my machine is a 4 year old Dell Inspiron. Win7 Ultimate 32bit is in German running with a german keyboard layout. Assaultcube shows english menus.

I do not have this display problems in AC 1.0.4

I have not edited or messed with any files.

Both AC installations are in different folders. I tried to deinstall AC 1.0.4 and deleted the SVN version. Downloaded the trunk only. Same problem.

The svn version has this path C:\Program Files\actrunk_v2

Please reply if you have above described display problems. Please reply if you think you have a solution.

Please do not reply only to tell me I should install linux ;)
Thanks given by:
Can it be a locale problem ?
Can you try switch to enligsh location and keyboard ?
Thanks given by:
Tried that yesterday already. It does not solve the problem I am afraid. Thanks for trying
Thanks given by:
Hmm it might be something wrong with the imagefile holding the numbers and letters.
Or not..seeing that all letters and numbers are on screen.
You could try switching resolution or type /resetgl in console.
Thanks given by:
The characters and numbers should be all there...also the letters and numbers appear elsewhere correct.

Changing the resolution is not working as well as the command /resetgl
Thanks given by:
Seems to me that the last character of each coloured text section is lost, as well as all final characters - max player slots and server port are also missing the last digit. Changes in text colour also 'lose' the last character in sequence, as in {TyD} and every word in aerkefiende's server description.

Try updating your video card drivers, if not already up to date; reset all driver settings to defaults. Then you can try fiddling any texture options one at a time; some video card defaults are for speed rather than correctness (eg nvidia's "conformant texture clamping" follows OpenGL specs properly but isn't hardware accelerated so it's not the default).

I suspect the drivers are at fault here since it's the OpenGL's texture context that's changing, kinda like premature flush that loses the last rendered primitive... /me rambles on
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately there is no update for my graphic cards driver. At least dell is not providing one. I tried resetting my the drivers settings and also tried to change a few one at a time. Without any effect. I have not really a clue what I am doing here...I usually don't temper with my graphics card settings.

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon in my Laptop.
Thanks given by:
Could it have something to do with the game expecting Windows 7 to be 64-bit, but actually being 32-bit?
I can't see how individual character exclusion would be a graphics problem, seeing that the other characters are displayed properly -- it seems as though the game just doesn't know to include those last chars. The problem may lie in the way the game interprets and re-displays strings... Though I'd expect GeneralDisarray to have made that assumption already if it were the correct one...
Thanks given by:
V-Man: No, I´m using Win7 64 Ultimate and it is running fine ;)
what binary are you using, the one from the SVN?
If so, you could try using mine: www.test.bcfh.eu

Since some weeks AMD/ATI are offering monthly drivers for notebooks (they don´t work for Thoshiba/Sony/Panasonic). They are marked as "Use at own risk" (but they work fine for me).
AMD.com
Thanks given by:
J32 Wrote:Now my machine is a 4 year old Dell Inspiron. Win7 Ultimate 32bit
[noob]I was under the impression that Windows 7 was exclusively 64 bit, and maybe AssaultCube thinks so too.
Perhaps, when the game sees it's being run on Win7, it sets up 64-bit protocol and tries to use this to execute itself (unknowingly in a 32-bit environment)...?
[/noob]
Thanks given by:
There is a 32 and 64 bit version of Windows 7. At the moment there is only 32 bit version of AC. Even if he has got a 64 bit OS he would be able to play it. A feature called Wow64 allows this.
Thanks given by:
I just wanted to let everyone know that this bug or whatever it was disappeard with the 1.1.0.1 version. However you fixed it...thanks :)
Thanks given by: