AssaultCube fatal error
Hi,

A server instance crashed and I'm just curious if a knowledgeable person can shed any light on exactly what caused it.

I had a greater stacktrace of the crash in the terminal, however I assumed the same output would be in the log file and exited the session. I was wrong and lost the stacktrace.

Unfortunately I only have the following single line from the text log since for some reason I turned off AC logging to syslog in addition to my careless console exit:
Nov 03 04:10:13 ERROR: AssaultCube fatal error: AssaultCube error (11)

The system is running 64-bit CentOS Linux.

Several minutes before the crash the server was maxed out 20/20, though this is not a rare occurrence so I doubt it to be a leading factor.

Usually I like to solve these things myself, but I'm a 'tard and lost the stacktrace. I'm not familiar with any AssaultCube error reference numbers and therefor pretty useless.

To put it in a nutshell I'm just curious if foul play was at hand or if it was just a random hiccup.

I appreciate it,
Thanks given by:
This is a generic error, which is meaningless on its own. However, I've only had it once on a server that was up and running and being played, last week when someone was crashing servers. It's possible that one of your players used the same exploit, which has been fixed for the next release.
Thanks given by:
Fatal? I think AC lies then... Your not dead yet are you?

Anyways, keep logging on, and keep an eye on who all joins. You can check the BL thread for the person who was bombing servers "Col.Aron" is the name to look for.
Apparently he was going to stop, but it might not be him. There is bound to be more than one with the intelligence and the stupidity to figure out and use that exploit.
Thanks given by: