The map as a 3D map model
I'm not that good with the in-game map designer
and i was wondering if it's possible to create a giant map in Blender
and import it into te game as a mapmodel?

Gratz Bert
Thanks given by:
No. Mapmodels have no collision information, other than box shaped clipping, or using cube's clip brushes. They also have global illumination only.

Understand that the cube engine is quite diffrent from other engines. Cube does not use bsp-style geometry.
Learn how to use the editor if you want to create maps for AC.

Besides, if you are looking to make "giant maps", you have chosen the wrong engine anyways.

Thanks given by:
I'm working for a school project, and the map has to be the school, but thx
i'll split up the school in different levels, sow it's easier to work with the in-game editor (:
Thanks given by:
Lights problems , clips problems , lag problems.
Thanks given by:
I suggest you take a look at the official maps so you can see some examples of how much you can put into a map and still make it fun.
Thanks given by:
Berty, are you aware that you can't have multiple floors in Cube? Have you checked out Sauerbraten yet? It is more advanced than cube and looks better. Probably easier to build the school with. There is also http://sandboxgamemaker.com/ - a version of Sauerbraten, just for building things, all violent content removed - could be better suited for a shool project.
Thanks given by:
Did I get that right.

You've got to build your school into a FPS-map as a school project? May I ask where you're from and what kind of school this is? Just curious, you don't need to answer if don't want to. :)
Thanks given by:
EDIT: *non-funny joke*

u_u
Thanks given by:
Thats not even funny V-Man. I dare you to make that joke in ~12 yrs.
Thanks given by:
Hehe, I have to admit I was kind'a surprised to see such a tough joke from good-boy V-Man, though he hit my black/bad style of humour perfectly. ;P
Thanks given by:
what was the joke :/
Thanks given by:
I want to know the joke as well.
Thanks given by:
Some college shooting massacre guy, he had maps of the school on DOOM or something. Probably not what this one wants!
Thanks given by: