IRC Proposal
I propose that Ac Clans Use the same IRC client/host.

Reason this would be a great idea is: everyone would be on the same client/host, easier to communicate to other clans, and a closer Ac community.

With this people wont have to go use multi clients to talk to a certain person/clan, or go to a certain clans website to use their IRC.

At the moment most clans use gamesurge as their IRC host and qwebric as the client/widget. Altho there are some other mixtures being used such as: gamesurge/mibbit, freenode/qwebric, quakenet/qwebric. etc.

My clans site has both gamesurge/qwebric and freenode/qwebric, so we dont have to use other sites just to talk to people. you can see here> LINK. shows list of clans that use gamesurge as their IRC host and clans that use freenode as the host. ( not all clans on the list use the gamesurge/qwebric combination, such as |oNe| uses gamesurge/mibbit, so even if you use gamsurge as a host, you cant mix qwebric and mibbit together to talk)

Im not IRC savvy or anything so i dont know if there are certain reason for using a certain host or client/widget.

Unless its torture to change clients and hosts, and if no one has any objections, i think it would be nice if we all used the same host and client/widgets.

What you think ?

It would be easier to talk to each other think of the possibilities :)

-OR-

If no one wants to change hosts and clients/widgets, i can make a IRC hub site, that has :

gamesurge/qwebric -with a clan list that use this mix
gamesurge/mibbit -with a clan list that use this mix
freenode/qwebric -with a clan list that use this mix
quakenet/qwebric -with a clan list that use this mix (including #assaultcube)

and any other mixes that clans have, this would centralize everyone to one spot and with multi irc widgets you can talk to several clans that use dif mixes on one page.

This really wouldnt be necessary if we all used the same host and widget.

But wouldnt be hard to do if no one really wanted to switch hosts and widgets.

This was just on my mind, tell me what you think.

HyPE|JoeSmith
Thanks given by:
I think your not as familiar with IRC, as you dont need to go to websites to use the embedded clients they have. There are many IRC clients, for macs; Colloquy, X-Chat Aqua, Conversation. For windows there is mIRC, HydraIRC, and Chatzilla (which may work with OSX as well, not sure).
You have to remember that the client is seperate from the server, as one big server hosts all of these, and from what I found, gamesurge seems to be the choice for clans. There are a few on quakenet, but it really doesn't matter, as that is only one other server. Most clients allow you to connect to multiple servers at once.
Thanks given by:
I say no.

I am not going to be stuck with some dumbed down client used only by complete idiots. I will continue to only use clients that please me, whether they be ones I make myself using Python, or random other ones with no n00by guis that let even the most technologically illiterate lowlife use irc.
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 10, 01:59AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I think your not as familiar with IRC, as you dont need to go to websites to use the embedded clients they have. There are many IRC clients, for macs; Colloquy, X-Chat Aqua, Conversation. For windows there is mIRC, HydraIRC, and Chatzilla (which may work with OSX as well, not sure).
You have to remember that the client is seperate from the server, as one big server hosts all of these, and from what I found, gamesurge seems to be the choice for clans. There are a few on quakenet, but it really doesn't matter, as that is only one other server. Most clients allow you to connect to multiple servers at once.

ok so if im using qwebric/gamesurge, on a website, how would i connect to someone using lets say mibbit using gamesurge? if that can be done on a website then awesome :) if not then i have a good idea.

and im not talking about programs that use IRC, im talking about website that use IRC.

and i already stated that i am not irc savvy.

Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 10, 02:17AM)Joe Smith Wrote: ok so if im using qwebric/gamesurge, on a website, how would i connect to someone using lets say mibbit using gamesurge? if that can be done on a website then awesome :) if not then i have a good idea.

how about use a real client?
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 10, 02:18AM)Habluka Wrote:
(30 Oct 10, 02:17AM)Joe Smith Wrote: ok so if im using qwebric/gamesurge, on a website, how would i connect to someone using lets say mibbit using gamesurge? if that can be done on a website then awesome :) if not then i have a good idea.

how about use a real client?

alright i didnt post this for negative feedback or someone saying y dont you do something the way i do it, or use what i use.

in your opinion habluka what is a real client?

we use the same thing as many other clans use, we use gamesurge/qwebric.
Thanks given by:
Habluka is just trollin.
Anyways, use the /join command. So;
/join #RRScriptpalace
will join my channel if you are on the gamesurge server. Now if you want to be on several servers, you will have to open several different windows with the embedded clients, pre-connected in them. This is why I'd suggest using a real client, I only have one window open, but I'm frequently connected to ~20 channels through out 3 servers.
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 10, 02:24AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Habluka is just trollin.
Anyways, use the /join command. So;
[code
/join #RRScriptpalace
[/code]
will join my channel if you are on the gamesurge server. Now if you want to be on several servers, you will have to open several different windows with the embedded clients, pre-connected in them. This is why I'd suggest using a real client, I only have one window open, but I'm frequently connected to ~20 channels through out 3 servers.

i know how to join other channels on the same server. im guessing a real client is a separate program, not a embedded client ?

so lets say i dont want to use a program i want to use an embeddable client on a website, how then would you join multi servers with one client?

i get the whole concept of a program connecting to multi servers i get that, but thats not what the whole post was about its about it being embedded in a website.

some people dont want another program, and set up a program to connect to multi servers( i know its easy, but some dont feel like doing it or dont know how). So if one wanted to go to a website with all of them there or one embedded client that has all servers it would be easier for some people and convenient.

Thanks given by:
That's the entire problem with embedded (web) clients, you can't connect to multiple servers. Maybe mibbit can, but quakenet blocks mibbit. It wouldn't be hard to put two embedded clients on one page *cough Ronald*.
Your idea to all move to one network sounds nice at first, but think of it this way: why bother all the clans to discuss about this and migrate networks, when you could get a real client and only trouble yourself for about five minutes? Most clients have startup commands and autojoin that you only have to setup once per server.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Habluka says:
n00by guis that let even the most technologically illiterate lowlife use irc

I resemble that comment.
[Image: 73phlg.jpg]

But yeah, get an IRC client and make life easier on yourself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Related:
[10:01] <spamma> [04:37:14] gg mm10
[10:01] <MorganKell> [04:37:16] your rhymes are good and your flow is sick
[10:01] <@|KH|MusicMan10> [04:37:23] suck my &%$# morgankell
[10:01] <MorganKell> [04:37:24] but step aside and let me show you some tricks
[10:01] <@|KH|MusicMan10> [04:37:26] you quit AC
[10:01] <spamma> [04:37:28] i wanna take a ride on your disco stick?
[10:01] <@|KH|MusicMan10> [04:37:29] i cant even hear you
[10:01] <MorganKell> [04:38:14] lol
[10:01] <MorganKell> [04:38:22] least i played AC :)
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 10, 01:54PM)Gibstick Wrote: That's the entire problem with embedded (web) clients, you can't connect to multiple servers. Maybe mibbit can, but quakenet blocks mibbit. It wouldn't be hard to put two embedded clients on one page *cough Ronald*.
Your idea to all move to one network sounds nice at first, but think of it this way: why bother all the clans to discuss about this and migrate networks, when you could get a real client and only trouble yourself for about five minutes? Most clients have startup commands and autojoin that you only have to setup once per server.

Ok well one question was answered you cant connect to multiple servers on the web. i have 2 embedded in my clans website. and i understand getting a real client i understand all of that and the process wouldn't take long at all, but this whole thread was about it being on the WEB. not on the desktop. (didnt seem to get that across)

Since i see that most prob use "a real client" , i can see how this wouldnt help yall, but some people dont use them or know how, i thougth it might be nice to have one website for people to flock to that didnt use a REAL client, i was just trying to find a way to bring the community closer.

Thanks for clarifying some things.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks given by:
The clients with the highest regards in my experience are Hydra IRC and mIRC.
Thanks given by:
Chatzilla is sexy as hell.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, use Chatzilla that is the easiest 'real' client

And don't listen to Habluka, only good post he has made in several months is his 0.93 thread ;)
Thanks given by:
I have yet to find an all-in-one web client :(
Thanks given by:
Ok, since someone coughed at me, here we go. This is gamesurge and quakenet, connecting to #rrscriptpalace and #assaultcube. Use the /join command to join new channels.
If you want freenode, ask and tell me what the default channel should be, and I'll try to provide!
Thanks given by:
i only use irc web clients when im on some computer with no irc installed or just for quick use

most clans are on the gamesurge network, so just download any irc client, join any ac related channel, /whois people, and join in to all the clan/irc's channels you want
after that you can 'open channel on start up' etc..then your in the ac irc community

though with your idea, if it was possible to set up a web page with a web client that automatically connected to all channels related to ac, after they have been registered with the owner of this, then i guess you could get something going..

Thanks given by:
what would be a good idea is to make on general channel where clans would go to if they want to play a match. lots of other games organize their matches this way; like #ac.match at gamesurge.
Thanks given by:
(01 Nov 10, 01:34AM)seagal Wrote: what would be a good idea is to make on general channel where clans would go to if they want to play a match. lots of other games organize their matches this way; like #ac.match at gamesurge.

I've actually had an idea quite like this (basically having something like #qlpickup.eu for AC) for quite some time now but I haven't got the time nor the skill to make something of the sort :(
Thanks given by:
First thing to be is done is to get everyone on irc. Channel like that needs some people to be in :P
Thanks given by:
easier option: get a bot, ac-servers maybe, into all clan irc's channels and then make a command like "@yata: !match |CLAN| 2v2 #channel" and it replys into all channels "ac-servers: |CLAN| wants 2v2 #channel"

simple, sorry for weird explaining..

Thanks given by:
(01 Nov 10, 05:50AM)yata Wrote: easier option: get a bot, ac-servers maybe, into all clan irc's channels and then make a command like "@yata: !match |CLAN| 2v2 #channel" and it replys into all channels "ac-servers: |CLAN| wants 2v2 #channel"

That sounds cool
Thanks given by:
How do I get ac-servers IRC channel?
Thanks given by:
its a bot theo :)
ask drakas to get it into your channel
Thanks given by:
I must admit, the first time I saw this topic title I had visions of *(Rickey Proposalin to Lucy) over IRC

*Trailer Park Boys
Thanks given by:
(01 Nov 10, 07:13PM)Joe Smith Wrote:
(01 Nov 10, 05:50AM)yata Wrote: easier option: get a bot, ac-servers maybe, into all clan irc's channels and then make a command like "@yata: !match |CLAN| 2v2 #channel" and it replys into all channels "ac-servers: |CLAN| wants 2v2 #channel"

That sounds cool

sounds noob and spam like!
Thanks given by:
(30 Oct 10, 10:33PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Ok, since someone coughed at me, here we go. This is gamesurge and quakenet, connecting to #rrscriptpalace and #assaultcube. Use the /join command to join new channels.
If you want freenode, ask and tell me what the default channel should be, and I'll try to provide!

My suggestion (if you care anyways, don't know if it was a project you were going to continue) is to use the same client in multiple tabs. Not tabs in the browser, but tabs on your document. That'd look nice and if you used qwebirc, I'd use it. Don't know if it's possible though.
Thanks given by:
Well, it is clients in the same page. I didn't put much time into it. That would require actually learning more about the clients. I dont think the quakenet IRC client can go to multipul servers.
Thanks given by: