MorganKell @ flowtron
Okay - that's it - if a feature is constanly abused, I switch it off.
This is the last PM I'll ever get:
Quote:Konichiwa flowtron,

Hey, I just want to share a thought with you. Not everyone wants to play Uber-Professional, and for "Points, Points, Points". Many just want to connect and have some fun, frag a few with their buddies and "Ooo" and "Ahhh" at some of the weird maps out there.

Why don't you allow people to have that variety? One third of the server list could be official maps, at the top. One third could be GEMA maps, at the bottom of the list, and finally a third could be unofficial maps, like Wintertown, the old Hanze maps, and even EzJem, or LSS_Brazil, in the middle. You'd be showcasing all of the possibilities AC offers.

Those who want the official maps will still find them up top, displayed prominently for all to see. Those who want the surreal stuff would find them in the middle, and those who want to shoot around on GEMAs would be content to skim down to the bottom of the list.

I originally meant to post on the forums, but I've decided not to post there, in any meaningful way, until the Thank You button returns. xD. Just wanted to share an idea with you. Let me know what you think if you can.

Gibiliciously Yours,

MorganKell

Blah, blah -- I didn't read past the 1st paragraph.
This is not something to PM me about and has been explained thoroughly before;
just always reopening this discussion is not going to change our opinion.
People seem to think "open source" means "free as in speech", it just means "free as in beer" - the difference is, you can't wish it to be wine, not unless you have magic powers - which would mean you fork your own project off AssaultCub. Provided you follow the zlib license you can do that.

We don't want first-timers to come into the game and see 23 servers running some map that makes our game look stupid. That was what had happened before we lay down this rule.
It's just like you can now all thank MorganKell for not being able to send me PMs anymore, just gotten too many .. and too many useless ones at that to put up with it anymore - it's the same reason why we didn't have this rule from the start - at that time the community was much smaller and more serious, you just didn't get any of those people that are now mad at us for dissallowing how they would like to see our game be played.
Thanks given by:
Ima start a fork called NinjaSniperTowersFloodAllColoursOfGayFlagGemaPlatformsAndLotsOfDoubleUQooDeeWorldWarIIICallOfDutyBadCompanyAndZombiesWithRocketlaunchersAndBombingMissionsIncludingHostagesCube

I shall fork it off the official 1.1 source when it comes out. Stay tuned!
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 01:56AM)JMM Wrote: Ima start a fork called NinjaSniperTowersFloodAllColoursOfGayFlagGemaPlatformsAndLotsOfDoubleUQooDeeWorldWarIIICallOfDutyBadCompanyAndZombiesWithRocketlaunchersAndBombingMissionsIncludingHostagesCube

I shall fork it off the official 1.1 source when it comes out. Stay tuned!

I will be waiting! ;)
If you want help with textures mail me, [email protected]
Thanks given by:
**** PMs sometimes are useful. add a fliter or something because NOT everybody is abusing it. they should not pay for what other people did
Thanks given by:
Dude... What the hell is your problem? I'm sorry if I don't follow forums close enough to keep track of every goddamn post. I just found your earlier PM thread, and obviously misread it, I forgot the "established relation" part when I read the "important matter" part. This is something that is important to me, and I just wanted to ask your opinion of the matter, I am sorry if the message came off sounding brusque(i think that's the word), to see if there possibly could be something worked out. I care for AC more than you think.

But...

Instead of simply answering it with a reason, or simply telling me to STFU, you take that message and MAKE A THREAD about it?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL MAN... Cmon... that's just ridiculous. I thought the natural person to bring such a question to would be one of the devs, one of the people who created the game, and one of the people who I'd thought would be interested in something like this. Obviously I was wrong. I am also sorry I didn't realize this issue had been settled and set into stone. MY BAD.

Forgive me, but damned if I didn't want to cuss you the **** out. As it is, flaming this would get us nowhere. I am sorry for "abusing" your PM feature. I am sorry I bothered to ask you a question... in fact from now on instead of seeking answers to further my knowledge of AC, from a dev no less i.e. the best possible person to ask, I am content to be ignorant. No longer will I contribute anything other than playing time to this game.

As for this

"...you just didn't get any of those people that are now mad at us for dissallowing how they would like to see our game be played."

Where do you get off saying that? First off, I am not mad at you for anything, well mostly. I was definitely not mad at you when I wrote that message. If you'd have read past the first paragraph and saw this...

"Just wanted to share an idea with you. Let me know what you think if you can."

...you might have realized that. As it is you didn't read that, and instead made a ridiculous thread about something that could have easily been solved via PM. If anyone is "abusing" your PM feature, I'd say it's you. Taking something that should have been PRIVATE, and displaying it for all too see?? Man... I am assuming you just had a period of RAGEPOST, and threwdown. If that's so, then I'm not really that mad. However if it was done with pure forethought and intent, then respectfully... fu mang.
Thanks given by:
im going to make 23 servers of ac_victor.
you cannot stop me and everyone i know supports the map of the gods.
Thanks given by:
I'm going to remake the runescape world in AC.
Thanks given by:
im so gunna do that 1 day
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 04:07AM)MorganKell Wrote: Cmon... that's just ridiculous.

You're right. Expecting you will be the one who will turn the dev's attitude towards map quality standards, indeed is the most ridiculous thing, which happened lately.
Thanks given by:
Mr.Floppy, lay off. I was hoping for a discussion or maybe an understanding response. I got neither. What was supposed to have been a Private Message has been displayed for everyone to see. There is no need to start shit. I obviously didn't mean to. So why don't you try and do the same thing? Keep your sarcasm to yourself.

P.S. I'm getting the hang of keller btw. Good map, takes a while to learn it though :/.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 06:49AM)MorganKell Wrote: What was supposed to have been a Private Message has been displayed for everyone to see.

It's a bit true, if you do something like that in France you can be fined of 45 000 € and you may go to jail for 1 year...
I've already used a private discussion on the previous forum and everybody told me it was unfair (and I agree with it).

About this problem : what's your statement about longhorn_art ?
Thanks given by:
Actually, it might be an unfair act to publish messages which were supposed to be dealt with privately. On the other hand, the content is about public interest and it's surely not fair towards the community trying to have a supposed-to-be public discussion somewhere behind the curtains.

I couldn't get arround commenting on this incident sarcastically, since you obviously feel entitled to handle this whole subject as you were the man to speak the final word...

However, as flowtron is going to stop using the PM function he actually has to show off a reason, what he did by posting an outstanding example of the (pointless) requests he obviously is receiving repeatly.

Besides that, we just had exactly this discussion lately. Not to speak we had exactly this discussion more than once in the past already. And not even to think about the fact, that there will always be people like you not willing to understand the greater correlations and forcing any serious discussion into pointless opinion-frenzies. Accept the fact AssaultCube is nobody's personal playhouse or just leave it!

Please have a look at this and the posts later on. There is no point in starting the discussion in here again, really...
Thanks given by:
"Accept the fact AssaultCube is nobody's personal playhouse or just leave it!"

You know what? Maybe you're right. Since I am obviously that big bad jerk who wants everything his way or else, I should just leave. Forget all the fun I've had here, forget all the friends I've fragged and bagged. Forget everything and JUST LEAVE. Thank you. You've really cleared that up for me. I am now sorry that I ever tried to give my opinions, I am sorry that I ever spent so much time on AC. I am sorry that I cared enough to want to help in some way, shape or form, this game that I love to play so much. Sure I may have gone about trying to help in the wrong way, but how the hell was I supposed to know the right way?? Given the fact that everyone is ready to jump down your throat the minute you say something. Thank you oh so very much, for helping me to see the light! I hope you have fun with your official maps and whatever the hell else you do.

flowtron I am sorry I sent you that stupid PM. I didn't mean to make you RAGE or anything. I was just curious. I thought you might be able to help me, or hell just give me a little insight into why things are the way they are. As it is you didn't want to, and that's your right. As was posting this thread.

Floppy I really hope someone beats some goddamn compassion into you.

Goodbye,

MorganKell
Thanks given by:
BB, and good luck IRL
Thanks given by:
Quote:Besides that, we just had exactly this discussion lately. Not to speak we had exactly this discussion more than once in the past already. And not even to think about the fact, that there will always be people like you not willing to understand the greater correlations and forcing any serious discussion into pointless opinion-frenzies. Accept the fact AssaultCube is nobody's personal playhouse or just leave it!

There are many mappers who haven't their maps in official mappack and they don't care about creating proper relations with devs and wanna see some concept where they have chance to see their maps in maprots.

You offer only definitions of quality, sign them as idiots and show that this forum is useless for expression of opinion if there are already irc tautologies. I don't understand why would someone leave if you don't see him as "nice".
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 10:21AM)MathiasB Wrote: BB, and good luck IRL

Sorry shimmies I just changed my maxi-pad. I'm not going anywhere.

Let's just end this here. flowtron could you close this thread?
Thanks given by:
Glad to see you staying :)
Thanks given by:
Nothing has changed and no one has learned anything from the past issues. Really, this is getting on my nerves. Thread is closed.
Thanks given by: