how to upload weapon mods
once i have a zipped file for a weapon mod i wanna test in combat, how do i get it to multiplayer? is there a command?
Thanks given by:
Did you unzip it in good folder ?

When i test new weapons, i make a copy of old folder and remade one

but you can unzip it in your mod directory

look at the help files, there is something about this
Thanks given by:
Extract, package it correctly (look at structure of other weapon folders) and put it in your "mods" folder. Then, add the --mod argument to your AC launcher. Read http://assault.cubers.net/docs/mods.html for more info.
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 10, 11:43PM)Gibstick Wrote: Extract, package it correctly (look at structure of other weapon folders) and put it in your "mods" folder. Then, add the --mod argument to your AC launcher. Read http://assault.cubers.net/docs/mods.html for more info.

take it out and make a series of folders. depending on the gun u want modded. EX: packages/models/weapons/assault
if ur just changing the skin, u will need ur skin to be called skin_weapon.png, or jpg or wtvr

if its more, u will need the model be named tris or tris_high.md3 or md2
then a md3.cgf text file with the following:
md3load tris_high.md3(or wtvr ur model name is)
md3skin skin_weapon.jpg/png/etc.
(if u have a hand skin)md3skin skin_hands

If the model is more complex, i suggest u ask a_slow_old_man........ good luck modding! :D

The other weapon folder names are

rifle
assault
subgun
shotgun
knife
sniper
grenade
Thanks given by:
its got the tres and the hand skin shiz and all tht already but where do i put it, do i replace it and take out the old pistol?
Thanks given by:
(28 Oct 10, 10:13PM)TERMINATOR Wrote: its got the tres and the hand skin shiz and all tht already but where do i put it, do i replace it and take out the old pistol?

yes but back it up....(make a new folder called pistol1 and put the old stuff in it)
Thanks given by:
oh shizzle sticks, where is the old stuff? im sorry, im such a newb, ive been mapping, but modding isnt my thing, and i really want this smith and wesson revolver
Thanks given by:
(29 Oct 10, 01:58AM)TERMINATOR Wrote: oh shizzle sticks, where is the old stuff? im sorry, im such a newb, ive been mapping, but modding isnt my thing, and i really want this smith and wesson revolver

ok soo heres exactly how you do it:
open up assaultcube starter and hit the show all button or just find the assaultcube 1.3 or something open it goto packages/models/weapons/pistol
if theres anything in the file besides the world folder,dont back up.
just open the revolver until u see a md3 file and a few skins. drag those to the folder,make sure the md3 is called tris_high.md3, the weapon skin is skin_weapon,jpg and hands are skin_hands.jpg
and there you go,start the game for a test run!
Thanks given by:
this is crap!!!!
(30 Oct 10, 12:20AM)TERMINATOR Wrote: this is crap!!!!

woooow iu cant reply to ur massage apperantly u no wat screw this im finished with this shit game
Thanks given by:
Ok TERMINATOR, bye!
Thanks given by:
lol and thats why noods stay noobs, they give up too easily! xD
Thanks given by: