Classic Cube (coder needed)
As you may know, AssaultCube (formerly ActionCube) is a Cube mod project, wich has been started by driAn and makkE who had that simple but great idea : adding a team-gameplay to that opensource monument. pCube was born.

Today, there is a few peoples who still prefer playing original Cube than his little brother "Sauerbraten", some people such as PrimeviL still make some gfx packs to renew our beloved fps.

Being fans of both Cube and AssaultCube, we (PrimeviL and myself) had a fresh idea : why not backporting the AssaultCube new stuff (such as the radar, the minimap, new modes etc..) into Cube ? < this is where we were a bit wrong, the right idea is to make an AssaultCube's mod wich would contain the original Cube's weapons/models/sounds/etc... (who said "back to the future" ? :)

Here comes our biggest problem : we are both script/code newbies, only able to tweak our autoexecs according to our tastes.

So if any coder(s) find that idea interesting and want to be involved in this project, here are the ways to contact us :
Reply to this thread (ofc)
#cube irc-channel @ quakenet
PrimeviL's forum

Please regards.

ps : This isn't a thread about wich game is the best or not, we are just fans wanting to renew the fun we had a few years ago, so please @ trolls and other denigrating people = avoid any reply and go your way.
Thanks given by:
I think you should create a CS mod!

*runs away*
Thanks given by:
Get the hell back here :)

Why not.
Thanks given by:
I can be code, it can't be that hard.
Thanks given by:
If you balanced that minigun at last (e.g. nerf it a bit), Cube would be the best, simplest, in-your-face fpfps ever :) Back when we worked on pcube, we didn't dare to change anything about the gameplay, but in retrospect (and looking at the poor sauerbraten gameplay), I'd say go for it. Just a little MG nerf and it will be perfect.

Good Luck!
Thanks given by:
I don't like but it look good :)
Thanks given by: