AKIMBO IS KAPUTE....mod links??
Damned Akimbo can't seem to keep the site up. Does everyone that had their mods on Akimbo have alternate links? Lots of mods and scripts linked are straight to Akimbo :( .

Anyone who has NEW links to their mods/scripts, gimme gimme :D
Thanks given by:
I never akimbo for my scripts. Does that mean you're not using any of mine? :((
Toggle mute with M:
oldvol = 128 //If AC starts with soundvol 0 it will default to soundvol 128
alias mute [if (= $soundvol 0) [soundvol $oldvol; echo "AssaultCube unmuted"] [oldvol = $soundvol; soundvol 0; echo "AssaultCube muted"]]
bind M [ if $editing [ domodifier 6 ] [mute]]

Change volume by scrolling mousewheel while holding down comma, click mousewheel to see volume %.
bind COMMA [ if $editing [ equalize 0 ] [ domodifier 20; vol_echo = 1; onrelease [vol_echo = 0] ] ]
echovolumepercent = [unroundedvol = [*f (divf $soundvol 255) 100]; if (>= (+f (unroundedvol) 0.5) (+ (unroundedvol) 1.0)) [roundedvol = (+ (unroundedvol) 1)] [roundedvol = (+ (unroundedvol) 0)]; echo (concatword "Volume: " $roundedvol "%")]
bind MOUSE3 [weapon; echovolumepercent]
Thanks given by:
Although admittedly Akimbo has been unreliable at times, it is not kaput. Akimbo is hosted from Rytis’s own server (free of charge) and so it can’t be guaranteed that when it goes down it will be dealt with straight away. But you can rely on Rytis to get Akimbo up and running again as soon as it has come to his attention.
Thanks given by:
Akimbo is definitely screwed at the moment, but I can tell it's just the DNS.

For those who are in the know, add this to your hosts file:
77.79.12.133 akimbo.in

Thanks given by:
I haven't have any problem to reach akimbo the past week. Maybe you should clean up your browser cache.
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 10, 08:01AM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: I haven't have any problem to reach akimbo the past week. Maybe you should clean up your browser cache.

Thought of that. I have no problems whatsoever with my cache.....
I run Swiftfox OS3 under a bitchin' (proprietary ;) )proxy server, and it auto-dumps every 24 hours to a storage partition. I selectively removed everything I don't need yesterday. Still a redirect on Akimbo. I checked Firefox and Konqueror as well, with and without my proxy server running, and it wouldn't work through them. Then I used my neighbors laptop with Windows7...and an empty cache and nada...Maybe you are close enough to the server, or happen to use the same port they do for LAN? Idk....
In any case, this is a very common complaint as of late...So probably not something wrong with my computer......It be something wrong with ye ole Website ;)
Thanks given by:
I've no problems too. This is the link I use to connect http://akimbo.in/forum/ .
Thanks given by:
Working fine for me right now.
Thanks given by:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
http://akimbo.in/forum/
http://www2.searchresultsdirect.com/park...ee&ac300=2
AKIMBO.IN
This domain name expired on Oct 18 2010 12:36AM.

,,,,,,,I guess I will figure this out eventually.....
.......This message resulted from clicking on Robtics link....
.......If no one else is having this problem then it must be a timeout backup bug in my proxy or web browser....
..... :( it's never done this b4 :(

****EDIT**** this is at the top of the page linked from the site that says "Renew this address"....

"Transfer Your 3rd Level .IN Domains to Us At Rs.275/- Only Domains Like .Co.In, .Net.In, .Org.In etc."

which led me to an interesting find.....
http://www.domainresolver.info/
~I think the owner of the website REALLY needs to know about this!!!! I don't know them but can someone who does LET THEM KNOW THEIR WEBSITE HAS BEEN HACKED AND THEY NEED TO CHANGE THEIR ROOT PASSWORD!!!!!!!

****Confirmed*****
"This domain name expired on Sep 20 2011 07:00AM"
Its not even giving the same date every time!!!

**also** see here for a list of KNOWN compromising passwords (older list)
http://avi.alkalay.net/articlefiles/2008...swords.txt

BTW: if you are able to get into the site, then that simply means your OS/Browser/Firewall/Antivirus isn't detecting a problem....I would guess you're running Windows......... :(

Checked again:
This domain name expired on Sep 20 2011 07:00AM. Click here to renew it.

Notice it 'expired' 11 months from now?? ^
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 10, 07:38AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Akimbo is definitely screwed at the moment, but I can tell it's just the DNS.
77.79.12.133 akimbo.in

Randum got it right first time

Thanks given by:
ipconfig /flushdns

Windows users (especially those using Chrome) may find typing that into the Command Prompt(XP) or Start/Search bar(Vista), and clearing their browsers cache/history, useful in trying to resolve Akimbo.

Thanks given by:
Obviously what's happened, is rytis has renewed the domain name, but his provider is shite and occasionally shows otherwise.

In which case, go ahead and do the adding to hosts file option to make it work all the time.
Thanks given by:
........I hate Swift/Firefox. :( Running Opera.......no trouble whatsoever.
Feel a little silly now. Thats the last time FF makes me look bad damn them.
Thanks given by:
The problem with Akimbo is that they [or their host] have incorrectly setup their DNS. (As stated by RandumKiwi)

However to go into detail... All they [the owner or host] have to do is remove:
  • dns.parkpage.foundationapi.com
  • dns2.parkpage.foundationapi.com
From their nameserver list. This would need to be done via the domain registrar.

You can see that the parked page's DNS takes authority over Akimbo's actual resolvers:

Name Server:DNS.PARKPAGE.FOUNDATIONAPI.COM
Name Server:DNS2.PARKPAGE.FOUNDATIONAPI.COM
Name Server:NS2.HOSTINGAS.IN
Name Server:NS1.HOSTINGAS.IN

What happens is that when your browser requests 'akimbo.in' it will query a nameserver from the list. Usually the first nameserver on the list is the only one queried, however if it does not respond it will go down the list until it gets a working response.

If you hit the FOUNDATIONAPI resolver, you will be taken to the parked page. However if you hit HOSTINGAS you will be taken to the correct destination. Most modern browsers cache the DNS resolvers so that they can avoid doing a query on each request, this explains why some people go to the parked page and some go successfully to the site.

tl;dr: remove the bad resolvers from the NS list and you will always hit the correct records.. It is better to fix the problem than to patch it.
Thanks given by:
(18 Oct 10, 07:38AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Akimbo is definitely screwed at the moment, but I can tell it's just the DNS.

77.79.12.133 akimbo.in

Thanks. Sheesh I shoulda thunk.
Thanks given by: