Get your model into AC?
Hi.

We need someone to design a good free-standing ladder mapmodel to replace how ladders are sometimes used, like this: http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/629/2...ard11k.jpg

Only requirements are that it's low-poly, it feels like it belongs with the existing AC models/textures, it's licensing allows it to go within AC and that it's awesome.

Thanks given by:
far be it from me to question this, but shouldn't the ladder also have adjustable heights, like how the regular ladder has 7, 8, 10, 15, etc
shouldn't this/these also come in different height variables?
Thanks given by:
Yes. In this case, let's say just these:

1 single ladder rung
3 ladder rungs
5 ladder rungs

If a mapper needs more than that, they can inter-connect them to do so.
Thanks given by:
i will do it if you want

what about a single ladder with verticals tubes and horizontal tubes.

and with a special end (like in ac_factory) ?

height 1, 5, 10 and a end

??

i can do it this week-end

tell me if your interesting

[Image: capture002.jpg]

you can see it here. it's one block but i can halve it
Thanks given by:
Yes, you can try that. If a few people end up making ladders, I might include them all so long as they're good.
Thanks given by:
[Image: captureladders.jpg]

is it good ?

there are 6 models:

ladderx2, ladderx6, ladderx10, ladderend1, ladderend2, ladderstart

ladderend2 and ladder start are pasted to the wall, ladderend1 is on the floor

the height is 2, but i can modify that. i thinked that it change...

tell me

the zip is here: www.compagnie-urticaire.com/ladders.zip
Thanks given by:
(20 Oct 10, 04:18PM)Boeufmironton Wrote: [Image: captureladders.jpg]

is it good ?

there are 6 models:

ladderx2, ladderx6, ladderx10, ladderend1, ladderend2, ladderstart

ladderend2 and ladder start are pasted to the wall, ladderend1 is on the floor

the height is 2, but i can modify that. i thinked that it change...

tell me

the zip is here: www.compagnie-urticaire.com/ladders.zip

Thats uuuh thats an interesting weapon and hand skin....
Thanks given by:
sorry, it's just the winchester not finish with wrong arm and old shotgun texture :)
Thanks given by:
I like those ladders :)
They're low poly right?
Thanks given by:
tubes all have 5 faces

Thanks given by:
no reply ?

is it good enough ?

Thanks given by:
I'm awaiting to see if anybody else is going for it. I'll probably use yours. Thanks
Thanks given by:
Oh !

It was some sort of challenge... I diden't understand.

Ok :)

[/align]
Thanks given by:
Those models are pretty fine, except the UV map is quite messed up. I haven't checked how they work together ingame though.

I can help there if you don't know how to fix the skinning yourself, Boeufmironton. :)
Thanks given by:
ouch.... what is an UV map ?

the way the texture is applied to the model ?

i will be pleased to get some help. i remember i made them quickly because i understood that randumkiwi needed it... :$

i wanted to know if they are able to satisfy him before work more on them.

So...
Thanks given by:
they're good. work on them. go for it
Thanks given by:
Yes you're right, the UV map is 'how the skin is applied to the model'.

Actually, I've already started to work those up and probably will have them finished tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Gogogogo Floppy. :P
Thanks given by:
Floppy, let me know when you've perfected them and I'll upload them to SVN.

Thanks a bunch Boeufmironton :)

So I can upload these, what license do you want with them?

I suggest you compare these, as they are nice and simple licensing: http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/

I would suggest the one labeled "Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike". This allows modification, so long as they mention you as the original author and it's not for commercial purpose AND they must re-share their modification under the same license.
Thanks given by:

no licence if possible, or put it under licence with your own models.

I don't want to appears anywhere

that's good ?

Mr Floppy has made the UVmap, why not him ?

Thanks given by:
With the models, you're the original author, which means whatever you license on those models, everyone else (example: mr floppy) has to follow.

There's many options with licensing, but to make it easy for you, I'm going to lay out a few choices:

1) No license: If you state NO license, this means your models are AUTOMATICALLY copyrighted by law. If this is chosen, nobody is allowed to modify your models, use them for something else.. they pretty much can't do anything at all.

2) CC by-sa license: This license is nice if you want to give the model away to anybody for anything. It allows them to do whatever they want, as long as they:
A) Say you were the original author.
B) License their changed model in the same way you did (i.e. free).
http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses#by-sa

3) There are lots of other licenses available. Let me know if you're looking for something else.
Thanks given by:
why don't you depose it under the same licence as anything else in ac ?

under your own name ?

Thanks given by:
It is up to you to decide what license you want your work distributed under
Thanks given by:
Boeufmironton, it sounds like you want to pretty much give it away, so how about this:

Quote:Ladder mapmodels by Boeufmironton, with modifications by Mr.Floppy.
These ladder mapmodels are licensed under "Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported" creative commons.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

This means you are free to share, copy, distribute and transmit the works, and you are also free to alter, transform or build upon the works, under the following conditions:

* Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
* Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

With the understanding that:
* Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
* Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
* Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
o Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
o The author's moral rights;
o Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
* Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this license.txt.
Thanks given by:
Ok, that's good if it's good for you.

Sorry for not doing it myself. I understood that the model have to be deposed somewhere, and don't want to give my name anyway

Thank's for help

And i am ready to do all models you will need to help develop Assault Cube

Thank's for your work

Boeuf
Thanks given by:
Good news, I've got something finished finally. Bad news, yet its not fully completed.

Download hanging_ladder

I actually rebuilt the entire model from scratch since I ran into some more issues with Boeufmironton's ladder and trying to fix those would have been basically the same. Though, I kept sticking to his concept/idea.

There's a bended top-end, a upper/lower wall-end and an 1-step-part. I had a 4-step-part too already, but for whatever reason it won't fit. I need to figure what's going on there as soon as possible, but it almost drove me mad for the last 2 hours, so I give up for tonight.

The skin is kind of a dummy-texture only. It needs to be vertically tile-able, which the current one isn't. However, you can apply any tile-able texture too it in-game.

TODO:
- tiled skin
- 4-step part

Hope you like it so far!

Thanks given by:
why did you remade all it ?

i could do it, i still have the milkshape file, i could send it to you...

Thanks given by:
Some of the rails have different sizes and so they don't run seamless into another. Besides that the positioning wasn't centered and I reduced the polys by making the "steps" out of four faces instead of five and left out one bended part on the "steps", again to save some more polys.

I don't know how you've done it, but the best method (imo) making such partial models which are supposed to be stacked/connected is to make a one-in-all model first, in this case: piling up the lower end + mid part + upper end, unwrap it as that and then separate/align each single part as supposed.

Don't get me wrong. Your model is fine in general and I have encountered this tiny flaws quite late myself. In this case rebuilding seemed to be the faster solution.

By the way, how do you unwrap your models? Do you have Lithunwrap or Ultimate Unwrap (my personal favourite) or are you using Milkshape's inbuilt UV-editor? Just curious. :)
Thanks given by:
Ouch

Really, i think that if i was in your situation, i remade it too :)

I balance between four or five faces, but five seems to me the better way to give an idea of round section rail

I don't know what is wrap, unwrap and else

i work only on Milkshape and edit my textures with gimp or photostudio ( a lower photoshop free with my first scanner )

But i will be pleased to learn more: i use miulkshape since 40 or 50 days and learn alone. (i must translate lot of technical words and it's hard at the start)

If you want, take on of my models and look at it, then, tell me what i must do to upgrade it and work better.

I must say that i diden't work on ladder texture, i just assign one quickly to give an idea.

And generally, i try to work quick, cause i know that is i don't have a reasult soon, i abandon my projects.

For example: my mod prohibition. I try to create all the mod, and then, if i still enjoy work it, i will work on details and more fine.

(i hope it's understandable)

Ps: when i make wrong sentences, the community can correct me, i will learn english too :)
Thanks given by:
Finally its finished. Sorry for the delay...

Download hanging_ladder

There's still some weird bug messing up some tiny stuff, which probably is caused by Milkshape. Seems like md2/3 isn't exported hundret-percent-ly perfect. However, using mdlcullface 0 on the md2.cfg fixes the issue pretty well.

The texture is taken from makkE's ladder model, only modified in order to fit this one. I tried to create a texture which looks almost equal to it anyway, to keep it as ac-ish as possible and after several fails I decided this would be the easier way. As far as I know this should be ok, while using the following license.

Quote:Ladder mapmodels by Mr.Floppy, concept by Boeufmironton, Texture by makkE with modifications by Mr.Floppy.
These ladder mapmodels are licensed under "Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported" creative commons.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

This means you are free to share, copy, distribute and transmit the works, and you are also free to alter, transform or build upon the works, under the following conditions:

* Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
* Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

With the understanding that:
* Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
* Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
* Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
o Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
o The author's moral rights;
o Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
* Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this license.txt.
Thanks given by: