helping in edit md3.cfg ?
hello, i am working on old look weapons (thompson, browning1917, dynamite, colt and police staff) i created two of my models, menu, world and tris_high.md3, but i don't know how to put the flash of the weapon in the good place.

I searched for tutorials, but founded nothing.

someone can give me the keys of the md3 ?

i think that it's md3emit tag_muzzle 10 50 75, but what data must be implemented ?

thank's for your answer

oh, and is it possible to assign a light to a mapmodel ?
for example: a nocontinuous white light with a neon or a red/blue light to a police alarm ?

thank's again if someone can help
Thanks given by:
The easiest way to add the muzzleflash tag is importing an 'original' model and using its tag while deleting the model itself again. This way you can also adjust the positioning and angle easily, too.

You certainly wil have to change the mdl_tag values to make it fit your particular model, which should by like tag_muzzle X Y Z, I think.
Thanks given by:
sorry Mr floppy, i diden't understand

add a new model in the tris.md2 that appears and disappears in the good frames ?
Thanks given by:
Nope,... Erm, the muzzle_tag is a particular vertex, which is managed differently on every model editor, therefore you'll just import any AC weapon model 'into' your model file. Now you'll have your and the official model in one place. The original model has the muzzle tag! So you can use it for your model, but of course the 'rest' of the imported model isn't needed, so you can just remove it again and keep the one vertex which effectively is the tag you're asking for.

Got it? I can't explain it any better, sorry. :)
Thanks given by:
oh, no, ok, it's good

sorry, i was on another planet :$

i found it for the muzzle

but now i have another problem: i made a dynamit grenade

make a high_tris.md3 with milkshape like for my two guns, but when i throww the grenade, the arm stay at the same place... the md3.cfg file diden't change... what happens ?

Thanks given by:
I guess its because "the md3.cfg file didn't change", actually.

You may just use the same amount of frames for your animation like given in the config file. Something like frame 0-1 is idle and 2-10 is throwing or whatever it is. Otherwise it couldn't happen to render one frame of the throwing animation while being in 'idle mode'.
Thanks given by:
ok, ok, ok

do you know how to know wich is the good vertex and how make it appears in milkshape ?

maybe is it better to use blender ? (i have it but never try it...)

thank's for your answer and sorry for my bad understanding: technichal langage is hard in english

Thanks given by:
It's not a vertex, it's a triangle. Just import one of the original guns and you can see it at the end of the barrel.

Just make a triangle like that, move it slightly in front of your barrel and put it in it's own group and name it "tag_muzzle"

For animation: you need to re-animate the throwing motion, I'm afraid. As floppy said, refer to the frames used in it's original cfg.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 10, 12:22PM)makkE Wrote: It's not a vertex, it's a triangle. Just import one of the original guns and you can see it at the end of the barrel.

Just make a triangle like that, move it slightly in front of your barrel and put it in it's own group and name it "tag_muzzle"

For animation: you need to re-animate the throwing motion, I'm afraid. As floppy said, refer to the frames used in it's original cfg.

Thank's Makke

i will try it

It dosen't work (or maybe i missunderstood)

i created a triangle from 3 new vertex at the end of the model, where fire appears
i named the group tag_muzzle
so i have three groups: skin, hands and tag_muzzle

and nothing happens

i tried to move it up and down, (in case of the weapon hides it) still nothing

... :$

when i import the md3 file in milkshape, i have only two groups: hands and weapon

so, what to do, or what did i missunderstood ?

thank's again for your answers and patience

nooooooo ! It's good !

i just generate the .qc in the wrong folder :)

Thank's a lot Makke and Mr Floppy, now my weapons have fire !
Thanks given by:
and now, before try to make frames to my grenade, i made a caracter for my ac mod (a mod on prohibition period, al capone and the untouchables, i want to be like a cartoon)

i have the model and.... how to anim it ?

i make all the frames or there is a way to do it via mdl ?

[Image: bonhomme.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can animate it in milkshape using it's bone-based/keyframe animation system, then export it to md2.

To help you, get q2modeller from this thread: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-578.html
It will also show you how to make your custom world guns later. ( you will have to use q2modeller to make your custom world guns follow your model's animation)

In q2modeller, you can open the exsisting player model and move the slider to find out which frames have wich animations in it - these have to be the same in your model. You don't have to do them all (many animations are unused, like the kicking) just leave blank frames there. Animate your model in milkshape the same way as the original model is animated (same number and location of frames for the diffrent animations).
Thanks given by:
Oops
Thanks given by:
thank's for the link, but i already read and use this excellent tutorial.

I'm gonna learn how to use bones in milkshape !

when i import md2, there are no frames in milkshape... will they be here when i export ?

(just don't want to work a lot to have to do all one more time :) )

The mod i want to do is not in the modern realistic style of assault cube, but i want to use AC. But i will understand if it's a problem for developpers of ac...

Just tell me

Thanks given by:
Milkshape can't import md2 animations, but it can export them.

If you respect the licenses and copyrights, you won't have a problem with modding AC.
Just don't pack it all up and distribute it unless you know that it's okay for every single file.If you replace everything, that won't be an issue of course.

If you want to use most of ac's media in your mod too (the textures for example) your safest bet is making an add-on mod, using the mod folder and providing separate binaries, so your package only has your new stuff and the binaries, and people can extract it into their ac's, and they can still chose if they want to run ac normally, or yourmod.bat.
Thanks given by: