cant spawn...
Whenever i join a server or a new map is voted for ac_arid and ac_power i can't spawn ever.
I need help please.
Thanks given by:
have you replaced these maps in the assaultcube folder on your computer? what reason does it give you to why you cant spawn?
Thanks given by:
Could be wrong client/server version
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 10, 01:33AM)Gibstick Wrote: Could be wrong client/server version

how would he be able to connect to a server? i thought that each version is on its own protocol?
Thanks given by:
1.1.0.1 and 1.1.0.2 have same protocol.
Thanks given by:
true, but no servers are on those versions anymore last time i checked.

Dark$aint, any info yet? lol
Thanks given by:
I'll try to help you step by step.

1. Turn your computer off and on again.
  2. Uninstall and reinstall AssaultCube
  3. Yank out your internet, cable, and phone lines
  4. Disconnect your home from the power company
  5. Bust the water mains to your block
  6. Illegally emmigrate to Mexico
  7. Renounce your US citizenship
  8. Then see if you can spawn on those maps

Heck it was worth a shot.

Seriously though, it may be a problem with AC. Reinstalling it may solve your problem. I hope I don't have to tell you not to do the rest of that jajaja.
Thanks given by:
If you mean that you can't get out of spectate mode (that's what happened to me a few times but with random maps/modes) then /getmap will fix that.
Thanks given by:
Or you could just install AC 1103 properly. I'm sure ac_power was changed for that release.
Thanks given by:
it says awaiting permission to spawn
And it's the most updated version
Thanks given by:
Dark$aint... if you can *never* spawn in ac_arid and ac_power, it most probably means you have the wrong map versions, and since these are official maps, you cannot do /getmap.

We still have some minor issues related to maps/permissions/player states/respawns (thanks to the goron for messing this part of the code, and the boron for doing only half fixes).

Make sure you replaced these maps by the most recent versions (1.1.0.3), and you do not have them in your "Documents/AssaultCube/packages/maps" folder.
Thanks given by:
(15 Oct 10, 01:54PM)Brahma Wrote: (thanks to the goron for messing this part of the code, and the boron for doing only half fixes).
You should get Goran to help you.
Thanks given by: