Remove all but chat from console
I was wondering if there was any way to remove everything but chat messages from the console? I use the console and pop up messages are the only HUD I use. So I would like to slim down the console because important things are in the pop ups (flag captures and returns, mainly.)

I also wondered if there was any way to pop up a message or some kind of notice that you are almost out of ammo? I want to turn autoreload off but still be prepared in case I run out. That's not too important though, since I can always switch to my pistol. I'm just curious.
Thanks given by:
How do you get in the console again?
Thanks given by:
(10 Oct 10, 03:46AM)DEKiMA Wrote: I was wondering if there was any way to remove everything but chat messages from the console? I use the console and pop up messages are the only HUD I use. So I would like to slim down the console because important things are in the pop ups (flag captures and returns, mainly.)

/hidecompass 1 //hides the compass around the radar
/hideradar 1 //hides the radar
/hidehudequipment 1 //hides hp/ammo hud
/hideteam 1 //hides team icon
/hudgun 0 //hides the weapon

That should be enough, but there should be a HUD menù in Settings.

(10 Oct 10, 03:46AM)Anannyo Wrote: How do you get in the console again?
If you mean to show it when it's hidden, /hideconsole 0

Thanks given by:
I already have the HUD hidden. Did you even read my OP...?
Thanks given by:
I have no idea what the command is, if there is a command, for those "popup messages."
You could do
bind "MOUSE1" [attack; showammo]
showammo = [if (> (magcontent) (7)) [] [reload]]
for you reload problem i think.
Thanks given by:
EDIT: Eh, I suppose not all.
Thanks given by:
Since you don't want to be notified of this on your console, how do you feel about a new sound to alert you that your mag is low?
Something like the "RELOAD" voice on the Area51 arcade game. XD
Then your script would look more like this:
autoreload 0
alias low_on_ammo 0
alias checkready 1
alias ammocheck [
if (&& (&& (= (curweapon) 1) (<= (magcontent (curweapon)) 2)) $checkready) [alias low_on_ammo 1] [] // pistol
if (&& (&& (= (curweapon) 2) (<= (magcontent (curweapon)) 3)) $checkready) [alias low_on_ammo 1] [] // carbine
if (&& (&& (= (curweapon) 3) (<= (magcontent (curweapon)) 1)) $checkready) [alias low_on_ammo 1] [] // shotgun
if (&& (&& (= (curweapon) 4) (<= (magcontent (curweapon)) 6)) $checkready) [alias low_on_ammo 1] [] // SMG
if (&& (&& (= (curweapon) 5) (<= (magcontent (curweapon)) 1)) $checkready) [alias low_on_ammo 1] [] // sniper
if (&& (&& (= (curweapon) 6) (<= (magcontent (curweapon)) 5)) $checkready) [alias low_on_ammo 1] [] // AR
if (&& (&& (= (curweapon) 9) (<= (magcontent (curweapon)) 4)) $checkready) [alias low_on_ammo 1] [] // akimbo
if (&& $low_on_ammo $checkready) [sound 99; alias checkready 0; alias low_on_ammo 0]
sleep 0 [ammocheck]
]
You'd need to make your own "Low on ammo" sound file (or get a really nice person to make one for you) and place it in the appropriate folder, registering it in sounds.cfg (not difficult).
Assuming it is registered as sound number 99 (the only custom sound you've registered), the above code will remain correct.
You will also need to bind reload to the same key as
alias checkready 1
And add "ammocheck" to your native alias mapstartalways.

(BTW, DrMental, "magcontent" requires the weapon number as a direct argument, i.e.,
showammo = [if (> (magcontent (curweapon)) 7) [] [reload]]
Thanks given by:
Oh man V-Man, use concat! Use concat!
Thanks given by:
Thanks DrMental, V-Man. I'm going to try combining the two of those ideas!
Thanks given by:
* V-Man wipes his nose on concat

Thanks for that, Gibbeh. I was about to sneeze all over pstat_score.
Thanks given by: