Help, gun mod.
I made a pistol mod, but now i can't see the pistol anymore when i play.
I opened the pistol in blender, made a new one and replaced it whith the old one. And i subsurfed the hand, but i don't think it's because of that. HELP!!!
Thanks given by:
I still need help. Please!
Thanks given by:
Docs.
Thanks given by:
what?
Thanks given by:
When you [correction]open[/correction] anything in blender it gets placed, for a reason thats not blenders fault but the system that made the original model, far up and too the left of center. Secondly you have to give the model animation, that will work in the game correctly.

I don't mean to be a downer but 3D modeling is HARD. You should probably ask an expert like Matasar.
Thanks given by:
Oh, thanx
Thanks given by:
Don't subsurf. It has no place in a game like AC, just boosts polycount unnecessarily.
Thanks given by:
Maybe try highlighting the objects you wish to export?
Thanks given by:
Really much thanks to AC Slater!!!! THANK YOU!!! But now i have a new prob. Do someone have a texture and animating tutorial? I know how to UV Map, but not how to make it with md3 files. And i want to animate that slide thingy that goes back when you shoot.
Oh, and i like the new hand i made.^^
Thanks given by:
Animating:

look at the md3.cfg of the shotgun:

md3anim "gun idle" 0 1
md3anim "gun shoot" 8 25

Frames 8 - 25 hold the pump motion of the shotty. This is where you want to have your slide animation. Depending on how fast you want it, and when you want it to happen, it could be any of these frames (for example frame 8-16 or frame 12-20 or something).

For md3 export from blender, refer to the info found here: http://cube.wikispaces.com/
Thanks given by:
thanks
Thanks given by: