Distance for skymap ?
hello, it's boeuf again,

I am working on my new map: ac_souk, a fez or marrakech map like, and i wanna know if it's possible to decide the distance of the skymap...

i look on many posts and else and diden't found anything

i hope this question has not be answer many times.

ps: Mr Floppy, i always wait for your opinion on ac_factory, and thank's for your help, i buyed milkshape :)
Thanks given by:
The best way to make the sky map seem distant is by making the pictures distant.
I dont believe there is any way to do it in the game. But you can modify your pictures.
I've never seen this question before.
Thanks given by:
Probably what is meant is the boundary at which the skymap is displayed (i.e., you shoot the skymap and particles fly off at the boundary -- something the devs intend to fix sooner or later). If that's the question, think of the skymap as just another texture on a wall or ceiling, and change the /solid or height of the ceiling until the desired distance is achieved.
Thanks given by:
thank's for answer

no that's not a question of direct maping.

how is the skymap put on the wall that support it ?

in fact, there is a "distance" ... but i can't explain well in english.

i have two other questions:

1 is it possible to give an angle to a clip ?

2 i am not sure that i understand difference of clip and plclip.

i think that clip block the sight of shoot and not plclip. am i ok ?

ac_souk is coming soon :)
Thanks given by:
I have a question for you :)

How long do you map per day? :D
Thanks given by:
plclip allows nades to go through (hence plclip or "player clip"... it only blocks player movement), whereas normal clip... well, it doesn't.
Thanks given by:
"How long do you map per day? :D "

between 4 and 10 hours, it depends on my work

i will map for a time, and then, when i think that i have understand all of the mapping, i will stop :)

now i am looking to make a turn multiplayer strategy game using 3d...

but there is a long time i diden't use visual c++... let's see :D

Thanks given by:
(09 Oct 10, 01:36PM)Boeufmironton Wrote: between 4 and 10 hours, it depends on my work

Omg you are crazy! :P
Thanks given by: