Fall through mapmodels
I'm wondering how I can make "fall through" platforms and other mapmodels? It would be really useful for a map i'm trying to make. I saw them once on a map I think was made by a_slow_old_man.
Thanks given by:
I'm not a mapper, but I've heard that if you don't clip them, you can walk through.
Thanks given by:
This bug?

Thanks given by:
WHAT THE?!?

Anyway yes, just be sure they aren't clipped and you'll be able to go thru them.
Thanks given by:
No, I think it has to do with editing the default map settings. To make it so that platforms are like the gas tank mapmodel.
Thanks given by:
Yes, I've edited the map.cfg for a Gema I made^^
Thanks given by:
So I was right in thinking it was your map :) In what way did you edit the cfg. may I ask? I no longer have the it.
Thanks given by:
Oh no... it is not sufficient to pass through walls...
Thanks given by:
@ Quorthon: You have to search for "[...]/platform 0 2 2 1" Or something similar and change the numbers to zero. [Just in the *mapname*.cfg not in the default map settings!!111!!!111!!!]
Thanks given by:
I have seen some thing like this in a "Modern Warfare 2" map with gas tanks
Thanks given by:
mapmodel 4 1 0 0 "bridge"                          // 57

I know that negatives values can be use with clips like this :

/newent clip -4 2 1 4

[Image: screen10.jpg]

but i don't know if it works with cfg clips like this :

mapmodel -4 2 1 4 "bridge"                          // 57

Thanks given by:
The video only shows the issue of the physics engine working in discrete steps - thus the velocity you gain by the hitpush of the nade explosion has pushed you through the solid part of the model before the engine checks for resistance - this is a well-known "bug/feature" in cubeengine games and was used with jumppads with insane values for sauerbraten maps before the kill-material came around.

To make a model non-clipping you just need to set the height of the bounding-box to 0.
In the general format of the command
mapmodel R H Z 0 N
that means making H be 0.
Thanks given by:
Or you can clip in game.
/newent clip 0 4 4 1

It should works well and it's faster.
Thanks given by:
No it won't work at all Exoduss. Actually as flowtron explained you'll have to remove the default clipping from the config file, read set those to 0. Adding another clip entity ingame would just make it solid again.
Thanks given by: