Some textures are removed on saving map.
Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? I'm not sure why, but after I edit some textures on my map to different ones, once I save it reverts parts of the changes. Here are screenshots which I think will explain better. It's always in the same pattern, and this happened on another map I made where the same concept was being used. If this was still too vague, just ask me and I'll try to rephrase my question and description.

[Image: 20101002165526acdekima2.jpg]
[Image: 20101002165534acdekima2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Could you make your WiP-map available please, it might help clarify things, or provide a simplistic example of how to reproduce the error if you don't want to share unfinished work.
You said it happened on another map too - was there a heightfield adjacent to the affected area there too?
Thanks given by:
At first there was a heightfield on the floor (a slope) and then I used G to remove it on that section. So yes btw would be the answer to your question. Here is a link to the WiP. Sorry that I don't have the old one anymore.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7tat9pvrq6...ekima2.cgz
Thanks given by:
i had the same problem often, and i don't know why but i have a solution:

give the same vertical texture to the square near your problem (the one wich you do not see vertical face)

it seems that when there are too many textures side to side (after changing the map often for example) the texture can't fix

i hope i can be understand
Thanks given by:
i know t shis is probably the solution from the same experience. make sure neighboring cube columns are the same texture especially the ones behind the wall you want to paint. also make sure you use the f key to make all the columns behind the area solid. sometimes the g key is hit accidently or previously while mapping and it enables you to make the ceiling and floor different levels and there may be one or many spaces that are tricking the system.
Thanks given by:
This has happened to me many-a-times.
It always reverts after the save. Gets very annoying.
Thanks Boeufmironton for your help. I'll try that next time I get to mapping.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, Boeufmironton, that will help. Unfortunately (hopefully on my next map if I don't add a heightfield to begin with this wont be true) it just moves the texture problems over to another [few] cubes.
Thanks given by: