[1.1] Can't connect to any private servers?
Today I decided to try play an inter on 1.1 although when trying to connect to any private server it kept on saying "Incorrect Password" although I know for sure its the correct "connect and password" because other players I was with got in the server by using the same /connect address. When I told them my problem they said "wtf show me the /connect address" I showed them and they said it should work because it was correct.

Please don't say the server was probably private or you have the wrong password because I know for sure that the server was open and the password was correct.
A few people have said that but I know it was open and that it was the correct password.

Can anybody out there work some magic and help me?
Thanks for taking the time to read :)
Thanks given by:
Well, that's like the story with the guy lying on the ground, stabbed to death and a hand missing. Carl knows for sure that he didn't do anything wrong... ;)

Actually, if it says "incorrect Password" the password was incorrect. Did you try it again already? Does it still occur?
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 10, 08:37AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Actually, if it says "incorrect Password" the password was incorrect. Did you try it again already? Does it still occur?

I have tried many of times, I have even tried other private servers.
I asked #M|A# for there connect to there own private servers and it still didn't work, I told them and they said theres nothing wrong with the server because it works for them and others. I am using version 1.1.0.2 :)

While I was searching our threads I found some others receiving the some problem.

(05 Aug 10, 07:40PM)Panda Wrote: I cant get the connect password on servers to work.

I've tried
-p match and -pmatch
(current setting) but cant "connect de.mysick.tk 21111 match". can you?

and here is another quote:
(06 Aug 10, 08:22AM)Elite Wrote: cant connect to private Server (error: incorrect password)
-pmatch
tried it over /connectadmin ip port adminpwd , same error
I have the same problem like MyS Panda has.
I found them posts here - http://forum.cubers.net/thread-461-page-2.html
I didn't see a post with anybody responding to there posts so I am not sure if some people seen them.
Thanks given by:
I had the same problem, i couldnt connect to any private server.
But when i updated to 1.1.0.1, the bug was fixed.
Thanks given by:
I have updated from 1.1.0.1 to 1.1.0.2?
Thanks given by:
Hmm... Maybe it's a server/client issue. Like you have the version 1.1.0.2 and the server has 1.1.0.1? Well, that could indeed be the problem. Hosters need to upgrade their servers I think.
Thanks given by:
I appreciate you taking the time to read / help me Mr.Floppy :)

(30 Sep 10, 10:28AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Hmm... Maybe it's a server/client issue. Like you have the version 1.1.0.2 and the server has 1.1.0.1? Well, that could indeed be the problem. Hosters need to upgrade their servers I think.
Thats a very good point, I think that could be right. Although it is happening with every single private server I know. Maybe they could be hosting there server on 1.1.0.1 but I am using 1.1.0.2 so that could be a problem as you said.

Panda just told me to try /connect de.mysick.tk 23333 match and it said Password Incorrect.
Then he told me to try /modconnect de.mysick.tk 23333 match and this is whats I got:
[Image: 16gierd.jpg]

Lets remember I am using iMac xD
Thanks given by:
Brahma may know about those protocol numbers. I have no idea how that works. But this looks like a version issue for sure.
Thanks given by:
because ur trying to connect to an SVN server with a 1.1.0.2 client lol
its funny how mac users use their OS as a reason for a fault when its clear derrr
Thanks given by:
I thought modconnect would ignore version numbers instead of reversing them, just ignore that, it has nothing to do with his problem.

I blame string processing in the Mac build. Can you kick people by /kick cn reason Bullet?
Thanks given by:
(30 Sep 10, 09:09PM)Panda Wrote: Can you kick people by /kick cn reason Bullet?

Yes I can kick :)
Thanks given by:
You know exactly what version you using?
The solution could be simply downloading it again.
Thanks given by:
(01 Oct 10, 03:45AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: You know exactly what version you using?
The solution could be simply downloading it again.

I tried this thinking it would work although it didn't, I ended up having to redo my binds and ect :(
Thanks given by:
Modconnect still "needs" protocol numbers, they just have to be the inverse of whatever the client is. Which means /modconnect de.mysick.tk 23333 match should have worked, which means your client is fuxed. And BULL3T just backup your saved.cfg whenever you reinstall :D
I don't suppose putting the password in quotes would work?
Thanks given by:
Hy all

Same problem for me in MyS match servers 21111 / 22222 / etc...

When I type the connect :

/connect mys.aa.am 21111 match for exemple :

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5052/image5yu.png

MyS servers apparently do not like Mac User
Thanks given by:
Is it only on our server?
Thanks given by:
I don't know other pass of the other private server...

actually MyS match server are the only private serv where I play
Thanks given by:
When you report bugs you should at least provide some necessary information like:

* AC version
* OS / version
* Architecture (x86, x86_64, ppc, ...)

---

Looking at the password related source code, I assume, you're using PowerPC based Macs. I'm not able to do a release fix today but probably this weekend.
Thanks given by:
do you think it's because I use a Power PC and not an Intel ?

because it's possible.
I changed my computer with an Intel for a Power PC 1 month ago.
Thanks given by: