Side switching
I am not sure if this has been brought up before, but lets say for CTF on some random map, CLA has the advantage. Both teams are even in skill but the CLA base has the high ground and better cover. The CLA team will most likely win, So what if there was a sort of "halftime" in a CTF game and the 2 teams switch sides.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not so give me some feedback here.
Good idea or no?
Thanks given by:
That's a very interesting idea...
I think there would have to be some changes to the game to make it very apparent that there was going to be a half-time, but it could work.
Thanks given by:
Good idea. Good should be only for clan matches. Might get annoying in Pubs with shuffle + halftime
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 08:13PM)Chill Wrote: I am not sure if this has been brought up before, but lets say for CTF on some random map, CLA has the advantage. Both teams are even in skill but the CLA base has the high ground and better cover. The CLA team will most likely win, So what if there was a sort of "halftime" in a CTF game and the 2 teams switch sides.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not so give me some feedback here.
Good idea or no?
Play two games, swap sides after the first, the team with most flags wins? ;) That's how we did it in the ACWC.

But seriously, if you have a problem with one side and not the other, then you need to work on your tactics and timing. Running in without thinking just doesn't get you a win.

Better, practise the harder side instead of going for easy wins :)
Thanks given by:
I like that idea. Only for private matches though. Not pubs.
Thanks given by:
you could find maps that support both teams fairly evenly.

i think that at 7.30 minutes, a quick map reload and swap teams would make it a lot fairer and 1 less thing for people to complain about

could work...
Thanks given by:
I like the idea but think it could break public gameplay. How long would the halfs be?
Thanks given by:
i like yata's idea
Thanks given by:
Is there a need for ad hominem?
Thanks given by:
It's bad enough that people are trolling this thread already, but even worse that they're not adding anything to the discussion. FFS
Thanks given by:
Perhaps two 10 minute halves, so that you can get enough time on both sides to get into a groove
Thanks given by:
I think the lengths of the halves would depend entirely on the length of the game being played. Currently, any length game can be chosen in the server's maprot, so just take half that value and you've got the time for half a game.
I also think that this would would very well in all game types: clan matches, pubs, etc. This way, neither side can claim that the other had any advantage during the match. As well, a short 10 second halftime would be a good (albeit quick) time to re-organize and re-think strategy during cms (and maybe even in pubs).
Thanks given by:
It's an interesting idea,as Drakas did on ACWC but yata's idea could work,instead of making 15 of each side 7:30 would be ok.
Thanks given by:
or how about
A standard American football game consists of four 15-minute quarters

then you could have a chance to get into the groove
Thanks given by:
I have better stuff to do than play a map for 1 hour, to be honest :)
Thanks given by:
i like also yata's idea
Thanks given by:
Im going to have to agree that it wouldnt be too great in pubs because people already get confused with shuffle, i don't see how, but they still do. CM's it would be pretty good for though :P
Thanks given by:
I actually like this idea actually. Maps in this game arent exactly symmetrical so its impossible that they are 100% balanced. A method like this would take away this problem, yet it would also create such problems as a player who is about to score and the sides just change.
Thanks given by:
The sides shouldn't just change, the map should be stopped (half time) and restarted with teams switched at about 8 minutes. Very nice idea :)
Thanks given by:
(28 Sep 10, 03:10PM)Panda Wrote: The sides shouldn't just change, the map should be stopped (half time) and restarted with teams switched at about 8 minutes. Very nice idea :)

I like the idea.
Thanks given by: