how to make server?
so from start to end u type in 28763 and to end u type in 28764??
ok jgan after i did everything, i went to make a server it says master registration succeded, but after i close ac the server is gone isn't it suppose to be on 24/7? and when i did the port test it said that they were able to ping my router but it says your port is not open or not reachable....
Thanks given by:
you should test your upload rate before even considering to host a server at home. If your upload rate is low then dont even bother trying, thats waste of time since every1 will have huge ping ang lag.
Thanks given by:
my upload rate is very high
Thanks given by:
great but you have to leave the server application open... durrrrrrrr
Thanks given by:
how u do that?
Thanks given by:
By not closing it.
Thanks given by:
how u open it?
Thanks given by:
*facepalm*

HELP THIS KID!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
dude i did everything on the instruction links
Thanks given by:
yea, so DONT CLOSE THE SERVER APPLICATION DUMBASS!!!!
Thanks given by:
i didnt close the server app i shut down my mac, then i went on my destop and i didnt find the server
Thanks given by:
no shit. i think they usually require that your computer runs...
Thanks given by:
Damn, JGAN. Calm down, no need to go all bulldozer on this guy.

They mean this window:
[Image: qrekci.png]

Once you fill in those things and click start, the server start running, so that window is what you should be keeping open. Of course if you turn your computer off, all the applications will go away.
Thanks given by:
yea well common sense usually does more than that
Thanks given by:
so everyone who has a server up have to run there computer 24/7? Doesnt that damage the computer?
Thanks given by:
Well, most people who have a server are running it on an actual server (VPS in fact).
Thanks given by:
how u get a actual server?
Thanks given by:
well first you gotta beg your parents to give you $10/month to rent a vps. then you gotta install an operating system on it, and then you gotta install ac on it. not worth it; i just use an old computer to run a server, and it doesnt damage it as long as you keep it in an open place where it stays at a decent (cool) temperature.
Thanks given by:
oh i guess its not worth it
Thanks given by:
well, an old computer is because those are really cheap on craigslist. but a vps? not really
Thanks given by: