AC-Map Design/Clipping etc.
Update:

The geometry issue occurs randomly, on different maschines with same client, checked on ver. 1.3.0.1 and 1.3.0.2 ,someone would have to look at it if possible. 

To the map design, i´ve read the assault cube docs for mapping and asked myself if im completly dumb, and maybe there been to much enthusiasm, while finding out that AC Editor supports UV scaling, its not even needed to use that high resolution textures, again didnt knew. I´ve also checked how things been done in past for wooden boxes as example, and i saw that we both basicly moved a stick up our ass when looking how simple it could have been (without models/clips and even better having bulletholes displayed) 

I tought about it and remembered you cut of faces from the container, and its right why would we need them all aslong we wont make every side different in decals etc. 

So let´s forget about all the nonsense and use the geometry itself.
Still please dont expect a map release within a few days, i have to get into the way of creating within Cubes Editor now and have to create some different type textures, which can be used later in other maps aswell...choosing some cubes and selecting the texture, as you said still allowing editing on the fly for everyone.

Dont be afraid, i dont stop until i´ve done atleast one map, the idea is to create a few more.
Some more seamless containers and neutral in theme (if wanna be done in other maps)
Textures are 1024x1024 (possible due to UV scaling, still as usual the closer you get the less detail, pretty much like holding your hand 5cm infront of your eyes...things become blurry even in reality)

[Image: LJHGJmb.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 20 Apr 22, 11:30PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by Mr.Floppy - 22 Apr 22, 04:34PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 22 Apr 22, 05:53PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 23 Apr 22, 04:17AM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by Mr.Floppy - 24 Apr 22, 04:13PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 24 Apr 22, 10:38PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 26 Apr 22, 09:08AM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by Mr.Floppy - 26 Apr 22, 02:30PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 28 Apr 22, 02:32PM