Governance Model / ACPGM
Quote:* it's not clear if platform and devs are part of community and require 25usd membership fee

You are right, it's not clear. I think people should be member of the community and paying the fee and then some of these people are either part of the committee, dev team or platform team. I understand the argument "I am already spending so many hours to work on AC, why should I pay?" The problem is that if you exempt certain people, for example dev and platform team, from the fee then you create additional unfairness: There are other people that invest a lot of time in AC and would still pay the fee. It would be unfair to them. So to avoid such discussions the most simple solution is to have everyone who wants to have a stake in AC pay the same fee. It is better to reduce the fee than to create exempts I think.

Quote:* 24 usd would nicely round to 2/mo

Makes sense.

Quote:* Devs have control over vision but yet need approval, might be a big point or friction
* strategy / vision is not really a dev role, might need a separate role. I'd say chairman but that might be too much control, idk

I think if you want a high performance team you need to give them a lot of freedom and not reduce them to mere execution of a strategy/idea someone else has written. I am aware that this is contrary to certain corporate business practices. I think creativity, ideation and leadership should come from within the dev team ideally. And dev team does not mean programmers, it means a good mix of programmers, artists/designers, testers, etc. I see the committee more of a control function than a leadership function.

Quote:* is marketing part of platform? Who should collect various social accounts?

Good idea, I think having another separate team is overkill so this should go into platform.

Quote:* who's doing the books? Need to keep track of people paying, and do other admin things

A committee member having the Finance/Cashier role would be pragmatic.

Quote:* might want to draw a "company tree" to illustrate this whole thing

Good idea.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Governance Model / ACPGM - by driAn - 01 May 21, 04:53AM
RE: Governance Model / ACPGM - by driAn - 01 May 21, 05:51AM
RE: Governance Model / ACPGM - by driAn - 01 May 21, 07:59AM
RE: Governance Model / ACPGM - by Marti - 02 May 21, 01:07AM
RE: Governance Model / ACPGM - by driAn - 02 May 21, 06:39AM
RE: Governance Model / ACPGM - by Marti - 04 May 21, 02:29PM
RE: Governance Model / ACPGM - by driAn - 04 May 21, 06:31PM
RE: Governance Model / ACPGM - by Marti - 04 May 21, 06:38PM