Parkour Mode
Quote:If you are willing to do this for gema then why not simplify these filters/section by just having 2 different ones. A possible rule of distinction for official servers would be to disable map uploads by non-admin players. You could have one section for official maps/modes/everything officially supported by the competitive community (players that do clan matches/inters), and then another section for custom maps/modes(gema) that don't have any map restrictions and retain backwards compatibility with old maps/map formats?

First of all, thanks for your feedback. My opinion is as follows:
- As far as I know it has been discovered that map restrictions are mostly or completely gone in v1.3. 
- Another section that allows *any game mode* would be an extreme move. To guarantee a consistent experience for users the game logic should be governed by the game and not by the server hoster. I am aware that there are games that do have a different philosophy in this regard.
- Generally speaking retaining backward compatibility with maps should be supported as far as geometry is concerned. Backward compatibility regarding glitches in physics are typically not easy to retain if the code base is improved/refactored.

Quote:The reason I'm suggesting this path as a solution is mainly because of everything said in this thread:
https://forum.cubers.net/thread-8875.html
If you read through it you'll see that its obvious that the more competitive part of the community doesn't not want to see custom maps or so called crap maps on the server list. There are also a few references to past attempts to bring attention to gema and custom map restriction related issues that were always ignored by the dev team.

I see that the thread is eleven years old. I can not tell if those positions are still held by a relevant portion of the community today. If we review the the reactions in our own thread here the feedback seems to be rather positive towards rehabilitating gema into a Parkour mode.

Quote:The screenshots are from the current ac1.3 alpha btw and I don't remember anyone ever voting on this or asking for this to be implemented. I can guarantee you that this entity scaling change will brake a lot of tall maps including gema maps if it is pushed out for release the way it is now and it will require people to go through another cycle of manually fixing maps again.

If I understand you correctly there is a problem related to mapmodels when converting maps to the new format. Could you please create a github issue for this so that we can analyse this further? Thank you very much.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Parkour Mode - by driAn - 20 Apr 21, 08:26AM
RE: Parkour Mode - by sukablya - 20 Apr 21, 10:22AM
RE: Parkour Mode - by Marti - 20 Apr 21, 12:24PM
RE: Parkour Mode - by DaBigNerd - 20 Apr 21, 07:40PM
RE: Parkour Mode - by Felix-The-Ghost - 21 Apr 21, 12:43AM
RE: Parkour Mode - by |HEAD|ShtMeShtU - 23 Apr 21, 10:10AM
RE: Parkour Mode - by driAn - 23 Apr 21, 05:13PM
RE: Parkour Mode - by Iguana - 23 Apr 21, 07:31PM
RE: Parkour Mode - by driAn - 10 May 21, 01:38PM
RE: Parkour Mode - by Iguana - 17 May 21, 02:54PM