Regarding haxjump
(26 Apr 21, 08:12PM)Kostya Wrote: it's just stupid to hear that haxjump is unfair thing from people who don't even play this game :) haxjump is not just jump that makes you fly ... it's a whole art for which you have to train a lot to become good at it. I can do haxjump without pre jump. And i can do it perfectly, I trained a lot to get that result, I don't understand why ppl think it's unfair or something like that. It's a hard work to get haxjump, ur left hand going crazy when u do it, sometimes it even hurts :/ AC will be boring without it, just smg game without any movements skills. Imo it's better to remove haxbind and spectatemode5(6). Also i don't understand why u removing /lighscale... When someone streaming or making videos about ac, they should use lighscale because ac is too dark for youtube or twitch. As i know some players have problems with gamma and they can't change it, so they have to use lightscale to see something lol. It's really great that devs are back and going to make update, but sadly they won't hear community.

Re haxjump:
There are different opinions about haxjump and the topic is a bit more complicated than it appears to be. It is not just a question of a binary "restore haxjump" or "keep haxjump removed" decision but rather about a sustainable solutions that addresses the issue at its core. If you care about haxjump then I suggest you get in touch with Husk and RKT. They are working on a proposal for the committee listing different options with pro's and con's.

Re lightscale:
There are currently 65 open issues registered in github and lightscale/gamma is none of them as far as I know. If you care about lightscale then I suggest you create an issue on github so that the topic can be reviewed and addressed. My opinion is that AC is way, way too dark based on my observation that on average notebooks you see barely anything. This my personal opinion. Again, simply restoring lightscale might not be a good long-term solution. The first step would be that you create an issue on github.

Re spectatemode:
This has already been identified here -> https://github.com/assaultcube/AC/issues/259

Re devs won't hear the community
It is probably the first time in ac history that the devs consider themselves subordinate to a committee and so you should be happy about this first incremental step towards a more sustainable governance model. This does not mean that you have to agree with the composition of the committee or their decisions. We will respect their decisions and if we think the decisions are not optimal, we will try to bring better arguments and better solutions to the table. This is how we can move forward.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Regarding haxjump - by driAn - 07 Apr 21, 08:17AM
RE: Regarding haxjump - by SKB - 08 Apr 21, 10:44PM
RE: Regarding haxjump - by Felix-The-Ghost - 09 Apr 21, 09:14PM
RE: Regarding haxjump - by Mr.Floppy - 10 Apr 21, 11:11AM
RE: Regarding haxjump - by 0.zer0 - 13 Apr 21, 10:50AM
RE: Regarding haxjump - by n0c - 24 Apr 21, 02:51PM
RE: Regarding haxjump - by Kostya - 26 Apr 21, 08:12PM
RE: Regarding haxjump - by driAn - 27 Apr 21, 09:48AM
RE: Regarding haxjump - by Mr.Floppy - 27 Apr 21, 04:10PM
RE: Regarding haxjump - by Kostya - 27 Apr 21, 11:00PM