Question to NextGen Maps/Models
Alright, seems like i know shit about it...so adding that together with the time i dont have i shouldnt try creating a Map. But for those like me who don´t know, would be cool you could explain how you doing it so that if someone trying in future will be able to easier...maybe its already written somewhere so link would do aswell. In general i would still not use the Y degree axis to avoid non hitreg feelings if clipped, but thats just my opinion, btw isnt there any modeller anymore or someone who converts CC0 or CC by 4.0 license models? No one making money with it anyway so why creating every model yourself if millions did already, its pretty simple do to even for non experienced people. With tools like Blender and Milkshape 3D it probably is the fastest way to archive that. For those who dont know, since i cant do it rn

1. take a model (mapmodel) like barrel copy the tris.md3 to desktop (easiest)
2. open milkshape, import md3 and export as .obj
3. open blender, press A and DEL button then import the exported .obj
4. get a model from https://sketchfab.com/ and check its lisence (dont forget to add a credits/license of the creator txt file into the modelfolder)
5. import that model from sketchfab in the same blender session, resize the new model to fit the old      (press N to get a define menu)
6. delete the old model from blender session
7. export the new model to .obj has to be max 8192 verts (md3) and 2048 verts (md2)
8. import .obj in milkshape3D, check material slot...rename it to "skin" or "1" as
    example how you will call the texture later in the md3.cfg
    example md3.cfg:
   "md3load barrel.md3
    md3skin 1 1.jpg or md3skin skin skin.jpg (always double name if custom name)
    mdlshadowdist 0" - depends if you wanna use shadows
9. Go in milkshape3D to "tools, quake III arena, generate control file" and just save it as barrel.qc
10. export the model as .md3 and save it as barrel.md3 (.qc and md3 need to have same name)
11. put it into the model folder of the game (can be mods/packages/models/mapmodels/makke/barrel)
12. move the model texture "diffuse, albedo however its named" into the same folder and rename it to the example "1.jpg" or other like tga or png if you wrote the same in the md3.cfg (texture can be up to 4096x4096, make sure to lower res depending on model size, if needed compress it with tools like GIMP, to 50% quality as example to avoid to high VRAM usage, you can check the usage with tools like GPU Z when game is running)
13. check if your md3.cfg has the correct model and texture/skin name
14. start the game and check if everything is working correct (same model size, you wont have to clip         them anymore then, make sure you dont make them different sizes or you walking against invisible "walls"
15. You can get Milkshape3D 1.8.4 here, newest version requires payment as far i know
http://www.milkshape3d.com/ms3d/download.html
sadly not allowed to share, if you use any serial like this
"Name: Milkshape
Code: J2Bd1-TCdcZ3-T27d11d" its your responsibility. If you´re not poor asf i always recommend buying a lisence, so you will get new versions and support.
16. Dont use FBX in milkshape and Blender, they have different formats.

Same can be done with Quake II Modeller, but requires older Blender version, i think 2.5-2.6 to import/export .3ds files (atleast the easiest way without having to add scripts)
If you dont have a low poly model, you can use the decimate modifier to shrink the mesh, also you should check in Edit Mode/Mesh/Clean Up/Merge by Distance and Delete Loose if there are not needed verts, both in Blender...
Thanks given by: 1Cap

Messages In This Thread
Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 02:19AM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by Marti - 23 Nov 20, 02:13PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 05:03PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 05:38PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 08:31PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 26 Nov 20, 06:48PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 29 Nov 20, 07:28PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 30 Nov 20, 05:21PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 02 Dec 20, 12:49PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 02 Dec 20, 08:22PM