"failed to resolve host ms.cubers.net" on all machines and installs
Hello-

I recently upgraded (with a fresh install) from Ubuntu 19.10, to Ubuntu 20.04.
When I was using Ubuntu 19.10, AssaultCube worked properly and perfectly, but now on 20.04 (on all of my machines), I have been yet to have success joining a multiplayer game.

I've joined the forum because I've not been able to find any other solution, anywhere.
After trying using both AssaultCube from the Ubuntu 20.04 archive (sudo apt install -y assaultcube), and then the game compiled from source (with the following script I wrote: https://gist.github.com/birdrocksfeather...499d3bd732 ), I've not been able to join games as I could when I was using 19.10.

The error message I get when I try to load-up the server list is: "failed to resolve host ms.cubers.net".

In case I've accidentally been banned, or you need my name for finding my session logs for debugging, my machine's AssaultCube usernames that I use are: raspberrybird, raspberrybirb, and raspberrybirdo
If you need my IP address (ipv4) I can send it in a follow-up post

I wonder if it's a simple case of missing a dependency, or something, as it was working fine before.
(and I'm sorry if it's a simple fix and I'm making a fool of myself by posting this)

Please help, I really like this game, it's been my favourite for open-source LAN parties for a while (a few years!), but I also like to play it to cool-off after hard days

Thanks,
Raspberry
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
"failed to resolve host ms.cubers.net" on all machines and installs - by raspberrybirdeau - 12 Jun 20, 07:30PM