Assaultcube developpement? AC is it dead?
(19 May 20, 05:57PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: The last person who had the required skills and engine-knowledge to further develop AC's code base was indeed stef, who as far as I know, eventually has given up with basically nobody left to pass the stuff onto next.

Thing is, even if we were to source the money to pay someone to work on the game, you still need to find that someone. The notion of 'the devs' pretty much sums up the entire misconception here, as it always has been 'the community' where devs sparked out of and there's not much community left today. Let alone capable people who are willing to dump hours worth a half-time job into an - let's be honest - outdated game.

I can honestly name a few people (even from the few that are still around) that could very well contribute to developing AC's code base.  Just look at Brutalsystem's post: https://forum.cubers.net/thread-9052.html

Quote:I don't want to paint it all black and hopeless, but pointing fingers at 'the devs' 5 years ago showed how little people understood the game's development process, doing it today is just a completely pointless act.

if any suggestions from the playerbase (whether it be competitive or not) are pretty much blatantly ignored because some devs like to push their own agenda of what they feel is best for the game, it shows how silly the game's development process was. Making suggestions has felt pointless for years, also because none of 'the devs' actually plays/played competitive, so they had no clue what a large part of the active playerbase was interested in.

Even suggesting very simple QoL things were just ignored, you make a post suggesting something, and you didn't even get a reply like "oh hey thanks for suggesting this, we will look into it" to at least make the players feel heard.

I'm sure there's more to the development process than meets the eye, but a lot of (older) competitive players share or have shared similar frustrations, hope you can see where that is coming from as well.

As for the steam thing, what seems to be so bad about it? how much worse than the current state can it possibly get, i.e. what is there to lose? :)

Love the optimism
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assaultcube developpement? AC is it dead? - by Marti - 24 May 20, 11:57AM