Determine what files are client side or server side
So probably my binaries are crashing due to compiling AC on newer systems, good to know that, this can be a blocker to me for generating binaries automatically. But if the current release of AC is stable and won't update anymore (until next version) then I can use the Linux tarball package directly. I'm not modifying original binaries but replacing the launcher scripts and adding dependencies inside as I mentioned before in this thread.

To indicate to users that this is not the original package of AC I can put a description indicating that it's not the official version and maybe set "assaultcube-unofficial" as the name of the package in the store or something like that.

I've been thinking about giving another direction, for example distribute AC "next" latest builds instead of the last stable version. This version should indicate to users that it's only meant to be used to test new stuff and not reporting bugs/asking for help upstream. This way users can safely try the latest coming features of AC easily without having to mess their systems compiling stuff or messing up their current configuration of AC. What do you think about this?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Determine what files are client side or server side - by Nicky - 11 Feb 17, 07:18PM