Determine what files are client side or server side
(25 Jan 17, 11:12AM)stef Wrote: I'm curious - which dependencies would you want to package with the game? For example, the client binary is linked to over 50 libraries... would you package all of them? What's the criteria?

Ideally only the minimum set of libraries to run the client and server. There is a core set of libraries that don't need to be provided inside every package (Low level stuff like libc, network libraries, etc). Graphic libraries do need to be provided inside the package, because they are not provided by the core, this is because snappy aims to be a general purpose packaging system, also focused on CLI apps.

Currently I'm bundling inside the debian packages that I mentioned before. I'm including them because it's needed as it says in AC download page (except libgl1-mesa-dri) http://assault.cubers.net/download.html
- libgl1-mesa-dri        --> Needed to run on systems with open source graphic drivers
- libsdl1.2debian
- libsdl-image1.2
- zlib1g
- libgg0
- libvorbis0a
- libopenal
For now including debian packages as libraries is the recommended way to package snap apps. I could compile every library from source too, but this saves time and work. For what exact libraries to include inside every package, it seems to be a proof-error process at first. I'm starting to learn how to package snaps, so I'm not the right person to say what is the right way to do this.

(25 Jan 17, 11:12AM)stef Wrote: Did you check, how often one of those dependencies received security updates since the last AC release?

Sincerely no. I'll need a way to stay up-to-date with the latest security updates and patches to provide updates as soon as possible to end users. Anyway if any snap package is compromised, it can't compromise in any way the OS or other apps due to heavy sandboxing security.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Determine what files are client side or server side - by Nicky - 25 Jan 17, 08:45PM