[Release] Protox Mod (All new icons & effects)
(24 Mar 11, 01:21AM)Gibstick Wrote: Would it be worth mentioning that the old protox_mod.bat, with "call assaultcube.bat --mod=mods/protox_mod %1 %2 %3 %4 %5" is better, since it lets the users keep there other settings (such as the home dir)?

You had it right in this post, though the --init is not necessary.

Yes it would have been the most optimal solution, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to work, adding %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 in the call does not load the mod for me.

I tried the following:
call assaultcube.bat --mod=mods/protox_mod %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
call assaultcube.bat "--mod=mods/protox_mod %1 %2 %3 %4 %5"
call assaultcube.bat "--mod=mods/protox_mod --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5"
call assaultcube.bat --mod=mods/protox_mod --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

So I gave up and used arguments from assaultcube.bat
bin_win32\ac_client.exe --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 --mod=mods\protox_mod
pause

The original assaultcube.bat is:
bin_win32\ac_client.exe --init %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
pause

Can you explain what you mean about keeping the home dir, not sure if I understand.
What can you suggest as the solution?

(24 Mar 11, 01:35AM)VenteX Wrote: I'm surprised you got the images this way. I would have probably used the ones in the docs...

Anyhoo, mind telling me how you did the blood effect? It really is nice :)

I needed a much higher resolution to clean up and tweak the weapon icons and I wanted a specific angle like you mentioned. I wanted the icons to be very clear as it easy to mistake some of weapons. I chose a different icon for the sniper so it could look different then the rifles.

I think the blood was just a bunch of blood brushes that I had (probably from deviantART), unfortunately i cannot recall the exact ones I used as I had a format recently. I would paint using a single brush then resize, tweak and set on top of another brush and tweak opacity. Nothing particularly innovating I'm afraid. :)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Release] Protox Mod (All new icons & effects) - by protox - 24 Mar 11, 01:42AM