Poll: Would tweaking weapon ranges and damage inflicted at given distances help improve or balance game play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no, it's fine as is.
71.43%
5 71.43%
yes, some weapons should have a max distance and not inflict any damage outside a given distance.
14.29%
1 14.29%
yes, the game should have bullet drop factored into each weapon to limit effective range
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Weapon Ranges, spread distance, and damage by cube distances?
thanks for the response and image. is there any documentation on other weapons spreads?

That image seems to make since for a shotgun, but the concept of spread on weapons that shoot single bullets instead of shells seems off to me. does the carbine bullet split apart and mid air into a similar pattern? Or is it an accuracy thing where the bullet can drift/spread off course the further it travels.

It just seems very unrealistic that a shotgun could be shot across the entire length of a map and only spread out into a 4 cube square.

I guess i am mainly interested the exact cube distances where the weapons differences in damage capabilities are most apparent as I think this info would be useful in map design.

Thanks for the help.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weapon Ranges, spread distance, and damage by cube distances? - by insideJOB - 27 Jan 16, 10:14PM