Poll: Should the devs remove map requisites?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
96.30%
26 96.30%
No
3.70%
1 3.70%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Mapmaking size restrictions [RANT]
(07 Jun 15, 08:20PM)((( Wrote: Furthermore, some users cite 'promoting creativity' as the reason that these requisites exist. So- by making smaller maps, I'm being creative? I can still create garbage maps, they'll just be smaller! "Work with what you have" doesn't work, because instead of trying to create smaller maps, people will opt not to make maps at all (like me). Why not leave the people that want to play those maps alone, and have designated servers with these restrictions? Applying it to the whole game doesn't make you have to be more creative. It limits creativity.

I also heard an argument that people don't want to play large maps because they're ugly (e.g. twintowers, assault.camper)-- Who cares? When you select a server, you see the map- so PICK A DIFFERENT ONE! Other people certainly do want to play them! These maps have coexisted with the game for many years, and now you've just cut them, and future ones like them out.

These are some points that I pointed out in the Proving Grounds (private forum used to strengthen communication between devs and some experienced players/mappers etc). You've hit the nail on the head to be honest. Thanks.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Mapmaking size restrictions [RANT] - by ((( - 07 Jun 15, 08:20PM
RE: Mapmaking size restrictions [RANT] - by Z3R0 - 07 Jun 15, 09:28PM