So, that's it then, apparently.
(26 May 15, 11:11AM)stef Wrote: Don't try to weasel out of this like Vanquish. You knew the consequences and made the decision. You are the last senior team member around and you are the sole administrator of the forum. It is your responsibility.
Yes, Vanquish didn't say the word - but he said I am him. Yes, G1gantuan did say the word, but did only indirectly call me him. Yes, it did happen on IRC but it was carried to the forum immediately - where Vanquish cheered for it again.

By cheering for it you mean his post that says "Nice quote Marti"? Sounds a lot more like sarcasm to me especially because his post and the quote were deleted within minutes.

Quote:And you are the last person around. When did you last talk with aerke, RK, the lead devs? Or Lucas or even cleaner or Bukz? Did you talk with anyone from the dev team, if you are making the right decision? If you are making the decision on your own, because it's your forum, then you can't blame other people for it. Grow a spine.

Bukz is on steam and I can usually get him to irc on call. Lucas just replied. I didn't ask anyone if I was making the right decision because the result seemed pretty clear. You said exactly that either vanquish keeps his points or you leave. That doesn't take a dozen people to figure out.

Ok well, Vanquish shouldn't have gotten 6 points for INDIRECTLY calling you anything. Take out the source. I would have supported you if you went after marti or g1gantuan (But g1g is banned now).

Quote:I tried talking to you. You made up bullshit about my moderation - and when I called you on it, you ran away and avoided IRC for an unprecedented three days. You knew very well, that I wanted to talk. You didn't want to.

Do you understand what a full time job is? I work 50+ hours sometimes, weekends are usually the worst. Sorry I use an irc bouncer to keep me there 24/7. My computer was on a max 2 hours over those three days and it was me registering my car and doing some class work (I'm also in college, sue me). But you don't seem to understand that I have a life too. AC is a spare time job and you know that as well. We had our conversation and it seemed like it ended there. I told you I needed to leave but you kept talking until the minute I left. I was never avoiding you and as soon as I got your PM asking me to join irc, I did. Pretty straight forward.

Quote:That would have been a waste of time. At this point, it was very clear, that my warnings weren't worth anything. If I had given any further warnings, you would just have revoked them, like the others. You had no reason to revoke any of them, because I issued them according to our agreement. You just made up new rules about insults not deserving warnings anymore, so you could revoke them. I told you repeatedly, that I won't moderate the forum anymore. I told you repeatedly, that you have to moderate yourself, like you always claimed. You did not warn Marti. You did not delete any of hist posts (including the hitler-quote). You did not warn Vanquish, not even a single point. You did not delete any of his posts. You did not warn G1gantuan. You did nothing. Nothing then, nothing now. Your decision. You know IRC well enough, to be aware, that kicking and banning on IRC does not work. The only thing that works on IRC is switching to moderated - which is punishement for everyone but the offender himself. A forum warning was my only possibility to show to Vanquish, that he can not just insult me in whatever way he pleases.
Btw, grenadier made a nice point. We ban cheaters all the time from the forum. Not warn. Ban. None of them ever cheated on the forum.

Regarding banning of cheaters on the forum, I don't. The only time I have is when they begin to whine about the ban, then they aren't worthy. I've let blacklisted players stay on the forum before. But again, you don't know me so lets just assume.

Here is your full warning log since being on this forum.
Show me where I constantly don't support you? Two warnings. Anything else as far as moderation? If you want to warn vanquish, 6 points is not fair and you know that because he didn't start this shit.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
So, that's it then, apparently. - by stef - 24 May 15, 09:48PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by Harps - 24 May 15, 09:57PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by Marti - 24 May 15, 11:11PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by 1Cap - 25 May 15, 01:53AM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by Marti - 25 May 15, 11:57AM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by stef - 25 May 15, 05:02PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by Harps - 25 May 15, 10:15PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by stef - 25 May 15, 11:28PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by stef - 25 May 15, 07:22PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by stef - 25 May 15, 08:21PM