So, that's it then, apparently.
I promised myself I wouldn't reply to this thread until I'm back home, but when Marti told me about it on whatsapp I just couldn't resist.

(24 May 15, 09:57PM)Harps Wrote: To make Assault Cube like Quake Live / Reflex. They will do anything (except doing it themselves) to get this goal as fast as they can [...] I know first hand how unsustainable their goals are.  They can't accept that our game has very limited resources. 

Can you even find _one_ post (really, just one - more would be nice tho) where I've said I want to make AssaultCube like QL or Reflex? (btw QL and Reflex are totally different games with different weapons, physics, a different engine, and a completely different movement system. If anything, Reflex is a modernised version of Q3 CPM which is in itself noticeably different from QL).
Now, if you were to say I've suggested that certain aspects of those games that have proven to be popular should be included, then that would be a different statement entirely, and one I'd agree with and even stand by - I think most people can agree that we need a pause or timeout feature for instance.

However, why would I want to neutralise the individuality of AC in order to make it like another game which already exists? I agree with the part where you say that quake is better at being quake than AC is. I do play quake, http://quakelive.com/#!/profile/statistics/vanqu1sh and Reflex too. If I want to play those games, I can play them. I don't get what's so hard about that.

I don't know how much *you* know about coding, but your post hints that you're even more incapable than I am if you think that it's beyond the realms of possibility for a pause feature to be coded (more than one patch currently exists). Or were you merely uninformed as to what I was actually suggesting but decided to use this thread as an opportunity to take a stab at me instead?

On to why I haven't done anything: I simply can't. I'm pretty good with Java, but that's not relevant here. I can read C++ and modify it to an extent, however I'd be lying if I said I'm proficient enough to write new complex code or implement entirely new features the community would need. Even though I think stef is a terrible human being, he's a far more technically capable developer than I would be, and honestly I have no problem admitting that.

(24 May 15, 09:57PM)Harps Wrote: Many of the other games I have played never had these kinds of problems in their forums or with their community.

Surprised nobody's called you out on what is honestly the crowning turd of your post. Quake Live hasn't had a problem with their community? Have you even heard of esreality? Have you visited the quake live official forums, where people have been banned for posting topics in the wrong section of the forum? What about the ql subreddits? Or IRC channels, or stream chats, where people publicly insult developers and talk total shit about the work they've done? (an example is the new map with an entirely new gameplay facet called "elder" that syncerror made being included in quakecon - even the players who are gonna win money from playing the game are shittalking it).

And if you think CS:GO or LoL have communities that are any better, you are literally insane. 

(24 May 15, 09:57PM)Harps Wrote: KanslozeClown, Apollo, Jamz, Stef - To name but a few.

Four grown men who gave years of their free time for the good of the community. But time and time again were driven away by quite literally children. 

Firstly, I'd like to say I'm too new in this community to know who the first two people are. As Undead had said, I'd appreciate it if you couldn't group jamz in with stef - I've had many pleasant conversations with jamz and I've found him to be nothing but reasonable and pleasant. He even offered to give me a spare graphics card for free when mine was dying, all I had to do was go pick it up from him (I live about 5 minutes walk away from him irl).

And finally, neither myself, nor Undead, nor Marti (idk about g1gantuan) are either "literally" or in any other sense children, and wouldn't be considered as such by any legal system present in the civilised world. If a child did make intelligent posts on the forum, I wouldn't write them off because of the age of said child, either.

I also would not ignore Undead's post if you had already done so - he's said a lot of things perfectly that I'm too tired/lazy to say.

(25 May 15, 09:03AM)Sheriff Wrote: AC had great times. But its over - similar to the german Kingdom.

Always a pleasure reading your comments, take care bud :)

(25 May 15, 05:02PM)stef Wrote: Vanquish, please feel free to explain, how you think, it is acceptable to compare me with a man who is responsible for over 50 million deaths? I would really like your reasoning on this. From what I recall, I moved a few posts of you to "Offtopic" because they were just that: off topic where you posted them. I moved the whole sub-thread, so you could continue your "discussion" where it was more appropriate. I agree, you may compare me to someone who killed two or three people for that - but 50 million? really? And just so you know: xrd said, I should have deleted offtopic posts completely - and issue warnings, if they are reposted. What would you have called him? hitler^3? I'm serious: what is your beef with me? According to xrd, you are a member of the dev team: why did you attack me?

EDIT: Unrelated, but speaking of "Hitler", I was at Kehlsteinhaus (Eagle's Nest) today.

I digress.
I don't have the original quote, but I never directly called you Hitler, and pretty much every post I've ever seen related to this (apart from the one with the original quote, which you deleted) seems to falsely suggest otherwise. I said three words: "yes he is", as a reply to G1gantuan when he said "you're not hitler" and was kicked from the channel by you immediately afterwards. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and perhaps if I'd have added the word "evidently" to my three-word torment then it would have clarified that I was amused at the fact you'd rather kick someone from an IRC channel rather than continue a discussion with them. I was kicked from the IRC channel for my comments too, which is honestly fair enough. You could even have banned me from IRC (which you didn't) and I wouldn't have complained. However, you gave me *six* warning points on the forum for something I didn't even say on the forum. I don't want to throw other community members under the bus here, but there have been insults thrown about in this forum over the past month (in fact, I can recall one I've said too) that have been just as bad or, unbelievably, actually worse than "yes he is", and they weren't even warned (I wasn't warned for mine either). The fact that you're willing to give me 60% warning for making a sarcastic statement outside of the forum, but you don't give a shit when I imply that someone is autistic inside of the forum, simply shows me that you only care about the insult because it's directed at you - and you don't give two shits about the principles behind moderation as long as you're getting your back covered. 

Also, I'm not a part of the development team. I don't know who's said that, but they're wrong. Unless the devs needed someone to join their team who knows a lot about gameplay (highly unlikely, since for example lucas plays at a high level and also is very capable at coding - for all the arguments we've engaged in, I still respect him as a person and a contributor) but not too much else, I would not accept. Your supporter, jamz, gave me partial moderator privileges that allow me to manage, add and remove warnings/bans, edit profiles and do some other stuff. I've never claimed to hold any higher position in the forum, neither would I attempt to gain one.

Also, it's great how you didn't reply to the second sentence where I highlighted that I haven't been any more disrespectful to you than you have to me. Maybe you're choosing to skip over it because it's true, and it's just easier to make yourself look like the victim?

And what's even the purpose of this thread? I thought it was a farewell thread, but you seem to want to reopen new discussion about events that have taken place prior to your departure. I'm not sure what exactly you think that's going to solve, or if this thread has just turned into a drawn out chance for you to passive-aggressively bitch at people you dislike. Either way, I think it's had its moment.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
So, that's it then, apparently. - by stef - 24 May 15, 09:48PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by Harps - 24 May 15, 09:57PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by Marti - 24 May 15, 11:11PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by 1Cap - 25 May 15, 01:53AM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by Marti - 25 May 15, 11:57AM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by stef - 25 May 15, 05:02PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by Harps - 25 May 15, 10:15PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by stef - 25 May 15, 11:28PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by stef - 25 May 15, 07:22PM
RE: So, that's it then, apparently. - by stef - 25 May 15, 08:21PM