admin abuse
(06 May 15, 10:54PM)Marti Wrote:
(06 May 15, 10:13PM)vonunov Wrote:  What do you think is going to go wrong?

Stef will get mad and give warning points to people for shitty reasons

yeah, that is probably one of the issues with banning servers out for admin abuse. if you allow for people to exert complete control over the system then you can effectively just ban out servers for whatever small reason under the pretext of admin abuse, thus constituting an even greater abuse.

for example, if i was in a position to ban out all FrT servers following that ban, i would have a minimal reason to do so. i would also be able to minimize the opinions of the minority that have the capability to criticize the reason through banning and providing reasons that are heavy on rhetoric but still don't justify my actions at all. which is exactly what stef likes to do.

hence, you would either need someone like jamz (but with the key personality difference in a willingness to take action) or you would need to allow some mechanism of community control over the banning of servers with regard to admin abuse. 

i firmly believe we need to reverse the idea that pervades here which holds that admins can just do whatever they want, when really they shouldn't be able to, at least if you want to improve AC's atmosphere.

i don't think you're going to really get anywhere focusing on perros btw, he is the most obvious offender, but hardly the only one.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
admin abuse - by Undead - 06 May 15, 10:25AM
RE: admin abuse - by HoeHunter - 06 May 15, 05:57PM
RE: admin abuse - by vonunov - 06 May 15, 10:13PM
RE: admin abuse - by Marti - 06 May 15, 10:54PM
RE: admin abuse - by Undead - 07 May 15, 06:31AM
RE: admin abuse - by Alien - 06 May 15, 11:47PM
RE: admin abuse - by Vanquish - 07 May 15, 12:18AM
RE: admin abuse - by Cemer - 07 May 15, 04:36AM
RE: admin abuse - by PERROS - 11 May 15, 08:02PM
RE: admin abuse - by MorganKell - 11 May 15, 08:52PM