ACKA servers, do they deserve to be in masterserver?
Ty Stef for replying: I appreciated it. On the same time I think we are experiencing something different. When you say...

Quote:But, since you'll always have to deal with some weird servers (of whatever kind): the serverbrowser has nice bookmark feature... just pick a few servers with reliably good connection (press F9 then F2) and a nice stack of maps in a good maprot (press F9 then M) and bookmark them. If no good game is running that allows you to join (what do you do with full servers, btw) - just start a new one with a nice map and mode. It'll take a few minutes longer to get a game running, but if you pick a good map, the server will fill up quick enough...

... I really wonder if you join the game here and there. Probably you do, I hope so, but for sure not in my timezone. What you describe it was possible maybe one year ago. Now if you start a server you can stay there hours, alone.  Not so funny. It is an emergency: if all the good players keep on running away from the game, it will die soon.

This brings us back to the OP. This all was NOT in any case regarding my personal ban: as said I cannot care less about that. Whoever I know (old players, mainly) is banned there. If it was not something of general interest I would not loose anybody's time in reading this.

Nevertheless, what I read in your and others answer is a symptom often observed here: a quite well known one. Whenever should be taken a decision, there is always someone hiding behind technical answers. This is not the case. Decisions implies participation: and participate, from the etymology of the word, is partem capere. to line up with one party.

I do not want to show off, but in the last ten years I built an online community, a huge one. It is what gives me my salary. I would never succeed without taking decisions. Of course to do that I had, and always have, to be part of it. I could not do it if I just observed things from the distance. I do not know if it is your case: I know you came back lately and I see you are active. 
Tho I cannot say it was so for the past.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACKA servers, do they deserve to be in masterserver? - by ketar - 04 May 15, 06:04PM