Money$hot goes backpacking in mountains for 4 days - lots of pics!
(05 Dec 14, 07:51AM)Flint Wrote: I haven't been for a solid hike in about 6 months now, these photo's don't help the mountain cravings :)

If I'm ever out your way, I'd be keen for some mountain adventures with you and the dog. I have a similar pup, but she'd be a bit expensive to take on the plane I think. She's more of a Shepherd/Ridgeback cross though. Has a good ticker, can run for 20 odd km's and be completely fine the next day :)

Until a few weeks ago when me and my wife went for one night, I hadn't been hiking in over 15 years. Work, moving, other interests just kept me from it. I used to do a lot of hiking and car camping when I lived in PA. I flew hanggliders in PA also, sometimes we would have to drive 4 or 5 hours just to reach a spot where the wind was blowing right. We all got tired of driving back home on Sat eve, only to drive back on Sunday cuz it was still blowing good - so me and my buddies started camping out at the sites...and I really enjoyed it and then got into backpacking.

Luckily, all my gear was still in excellent shape, I purchased all top of the line stuff, so I just had to buy a few fuel cannisters for my stove and some freeze dried camping food. I did order a new 0 degree sleeping bag though, my 30 degree Kelty bag got a little cold when it dipped into the 20's when me and my wife were out. I need to get one for my wife - she froze her ass off in a cheap 40 deg bag we bought her at walmart. I also bought a new small 2-person backpacking tent for a little more room than my single person bivy tent in the pics and me and my wife can use it instead of my gargantuan 4 person dome tent which weighs a ton.

There is nothing better than reaching your destination in a beautiful wilderness, having your camp and tent all set up and finally enjoying a good meal around a warm fire that you built yourself. = heaven
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Money$hot goes backpacking in mountains for 4 days - lots of pics! - by Money$hot - 05 Dec 14, 05:04PM