Training with bots
I could be wrong but I believe I'm the only player that consistently "trains" with bots.

I apply the same concepts of practicing an instrument to practicing aim.

The method:

/gamespeed 40: Set a goal for accuracy depending on the weapon. At 40 one should be able to hit a minimum of 70% with smg (distance obviously makes this lower, I'll come back to this point). Shoot at least 200 hits worth of bullets. If you achieved your goal move forward.

Increment gamespeed by 2 (or 5 if you're pressed for time) and repeat the process.

The goal should not be to simply get hits. You should try and replicate "real" aiming scenarios. I find it most effective to practice specific distances separately to get a feel for recoil/spread in varying conditions, but also keep it consistent enough to have measurable results (and therefore measurable improvement).

By the time I get to gamespeed 100 I try and at least be hitting 50% with smg (bots are easy as). The goal should not be kills but accuracy, precision, and quickness. At gamespeed 40 you're working mainly on accuracy but can get a little "slow" because you have more time to react. To combat this, I always try and get up to gamespeed 160 and hit at least 30%. With the new bots you will die a lot, but trying to get a 2 ratio and keep your accuracy relatively high will help. This is a concept called overhead. You want to be able to do something faster than you would normally need to so that normal gamespeed will seem quite simple.

Many players talk about "warming up." Before a big match I try and play at least 10 minutes on the higher gamespeeds (true 10 minutes, not game minutes). Every day when I warm up I do the whole process. It's come to the point where in a single game I can get from 40-105 fairly consistently.

That's always the key "consistency."

It should be said that this only improves one very small facet of the game, albeit and important one. However, to hang with the big boys you're gonna need to learn a lot more skills.

My advice, find a clear, concise way to improve that is also efficient, and do it everyday. If your goal is to improve.

Many people think I'm crazy and maybe I am, because common knowledge says "play against real players to get better" and that is true in terms of intelligence. If your reflexes and raw aim aren't there you're kinda fucked. Being a "pro" is not mutually exclusive to aiming though.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Training with bots - by G1gantuan - 18 Oct 14, 05:35AM
RE: Training with bots - by Huntsman - 18 Oct 14, 06:28AM
RE: Training with bots - by G1gantuan - 18 Oct 14, 06:33AM
RE: Training with bots - by Huntsman - 18 Oct 14, 06:39AM
RE: Training with bots - by G1gantuan - 18 Oct 14, 06:41AM
RE: Training with bots - by Waffles - 18 Oct 14, 07:42AM
RE: Training with bots - by Honor - 18 Oct 14, 02:06PM
RE: Training with bots - by Marti - 18 Oct 14, 03:46PM
RE: Training with bots - by Vanquish - 18 Oct 14, 07:58AM
RE: Training with bots - by Undead - 18 Oct 14, 09:23AM