Who is the manager of this servers?
Well... I can say that there definitely has been a push by certain admins to "ban Brazil"

But a lot of what is going on here isn't specific to the {BoB} clan administrators - it has become an ongoing issue for a number of hosters due to the highly dynamic nature of many Brazilian ISPs.
I will second this in that I have thought quite a bit about blacklisting Brazil...
Of course, it is reasonable to conclude that banning an entire region is wrong on several levels.
But a few people connecting from Brazil are abusing the system - and it is giving the larger majority a bad name - so much so that people here seem to be convinced there are more illegitimate players than good ones.

But as it pertains to {BoB} - they have a right to protect the guests they want present in their servers - they have a right to utilize the server blacklist features to invoke bans that prevent undesirable clients from connecting to their servers.
What is upsetting here is that it has the word Brazil in front of the ranges... Nothing more.

But in their case this is not truly an issue anyway as they have offered to provide deban passwords to 'legitimate' players.

The truth is that most of the real problem players out there are only a few, dedicated trolls...
And they are effing this game up more than all of the other so-called problems tossed around this forum daily.

I can say that our network resists the urge to ban Brazil - and that won't change...
In fact I will continue to host where I can in support of the many good players I have to come to know in the region.

But I must urge that people begin to look diligently at the behaviors of the people who are giving you grief.
In many cases you can be sure that it is the same person with a new ip.

As for this mess here...
An incident occurred in a server that caused considerable unrest to the ongoing game...
The owners of the server reacted in a way they felt necessary to prevent the incident from happening again.

TL:DR: Server Owner takes preventative measures gets called racist and xenophobic even while offering recourse for banned players and meanwhile trolls are off laughing at our in-fighting...
v41
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the manager of this servers? - by Skinny-Dog - 22 Sep 14, 12:32AM
RE: Who is the manager of this servers? - by Skinny-Dog - 22 Sep 14, 03:06AM
RE: Who is the manager of this servers? - by +f0r3v3r+ - 23 Sep 14, 04:25AM
RE: Who is the manager of this servers? - by Skinny-Dog - 23 Sep 14, 04:37AM