The square, the score: how to live happy and lift up AC
I like the idea of having an official Ladder but I personally believe it will be useless without some prerequisites. Ofcourse it motivates the players to play more and more to raise their ranks upper and upper in the Ladder.

hi-skill Ladder was a very successful one as the first known Ladder for AC. I think no non-official new ladders(all the currents and the later ones) can't achieve the popularity and success of that Ladder. Since the time when Hi-Skills ladder got down suddenly, all the players considered that any ladder might be alive today and dead the day after and all their scores(hours efforts of playing) will be gone with a poof. That's why I believe we need something constant. Maybe an official Ladder supported by the main devs would be the solution.

Another problem with the current Ladders is that they are all working individual. BoB Ladder, TyD Ladder, akimbo Ladder, etc. I have no idea why all these ladders get united together and sum up their results all in one main ladder.

One the other hand, just imagine a new player who loads AC for the first time and chooses a nickname for himself and starts playing for a while. It's so disappointing when he sees someone can easily impersonate his nickname and owns all his points in a second. I'm not sure that new player would like to get involved in process of proving that he is(or not) the right guy and blacklist the impersonator(as I doubt if he knows the forum really exists).

to sum up my words, I think a working ladder for AC would need at least to have three requirements : 1- Being one, 2- Being constant 3- Being safe
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The square, the score: how to live happy and lift up AC - by SrPER$IAN - 15 Mar 14, 08:42AM