Any Physicists or Electricians here?
Well, you are in the wrong forum.
Try https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com, that is the forum that you are looking for. I've asked questions on the past there and I always had feedback, even to my surprise I got answers from one the gods of analog op-amps, Ron Mancini.

Anyway, I'll take the shot.
You are talking about an electrolytic capacitor, which has polarity, if the capacitor is charged and you only touch one terminal (positive or negative, doesn't matter) even if you you are touching ground bare feet, the other terminal is not tied to a reference, is there floating in the air, therefore the circuit is not closed, this is why you don't get shocked since is there is no current flowing across you as a result of a voltage difference, when you tie the other terminal to a ground reference the circuit is closed and therefore a voltage difference now exists and a current flows across your body and you experience a shock. Same thing with the power supply.

In the case of a 3 phase line, A, B and C lines carries a voltage, each one of said lines has a reference level (ground), and when you touch one of those lines (any of the 3) and you are touching ground you get electrocuted, fried, you hang in the sneakers, in other words you are dead. In case you wonder why birds are not fried when they are standing in a live line is because the voltage difference is zero, therefore no current flows across the birds.
Hope that helps a little bit.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Physicists or Electricians here? - by TheNihilanth - 15 Feb 14, 10:44PM