General behaviour and shit
I'll pretend to be a dev to avoid having 10 more wall of texts then locking the thread, which will lead to a rage thread 2x worse.

(24 Apr 13, 08:55AM)DamDam Wrote: People are moving to Sauer not only because devs don't consider their suggestions. They move because the game is more active, different, interesting, the community is nice, competitive aswell as pub scene are both fun to play and they don't feel like the game has been "stucked" for 2 years (ik devs are working, but the non-release is frustrating :/)

Sauer is riding a high of their new release. We hope AC players who have moved to Sauer are only there temporarily. Here at Rabid Viper Productions, we covet our players. We believe another quake clone like sauer is no match for the unique gameplay that Assault Cube brings to the table. AC also has thousands more weekly downloads from sourceforge than Sauer, and this is an outdated 2+ year release. So we aren't panic'ing yet, this next release is high quality, and we believe our fans will embrace it with open arms once we fix this linux crash bug.

(24 Apr 13, 08:55AM)DamDam Wrote: Ofc taking every suggestion into account is not the solution, otherwise it'd be such a mess. But I believe some suggestions were great and lots of people thought the same, however, most of those ideas were rejected or not implemented for some (unknown?) reasons.

Aye, we hear a lot about throwing rattrap into the trash and fixing up autoteam a bit, and lots of other things. As seen by my fellow dev, Luc@s's thread, there have been lots of requests and we have added 1500+ commits to SVN taking care of some of these. We want the release out as fast as possible too, and that is our goal. If there are still major complaints about some things after 1.2.0.0's release, we will look everything over and consider fixing it up.

(24 Apr 13, 08:55AM)DamDam Wrote: [The devs] seem not to want to share a part of their task when many people are ready to help. And then when people cry/whine about the late release, they respond that they "don't have enough people to fix bugs and help the release"... paradoxal uh?

We will definately look at Larry's halftime mode feature if it gets done, and the hundreds of other contributions by our great players. We had a past issue with a dev who went crazy and started doing his own thing. So we have to be careful with who we choose to work with here.

(24 Apr 13, 08:55AM)DamDam Wrote: Well when you develop a public game, you basically do it for those who play it.

Kind of. When someone starts a new game, they are usually making it because it's a dream game of theirs. Something they always wanted to exist. As maintainers, it's our job to keep that same gameplay and philosophy of the original AC creator. Maintaining, then new dev input, then player input. Those three things have to be balanced perfectly to keep the game both new and old, and hopefully more fun!

(24 Apr 13, 08:55AM)DamDam Wrote: But when people from the community are ready to give their help & knowledge for free, to make the game better, why don't you accept it?

Some stuff gets accepted, some stuff doesn't. Even some dev work doesn't make it in(yet). RR's single player gema mode, vondrakula's drop gun code, my own fix of douze that removes the flying saucer, etc. It's a lot to take in, and with our limited time we don't always have time for all of the contributions. Eventually, we will see everything and consider it a bit more.

(24 Apr 13, 08:55AM)DamDam Wrote: Anyway, since he's back, i've notice that he has banned several persons everytime they would complain about something related to devs. Before he came back, I can not remember that many ban entries and not even a week after he came back active on the forums, he started the "stfu or ban" campaign.

Different philosophies. He believes banning anyone 'starting problems' will make an example of them and make others think twice about 'starting trouble'. I just want to have a friendly chat like this and resolve any complaints like gentlemen. Both ways work in theory. If my way shows to work, maybe other devs will do so as well and less controversy can occur.

(24 Apr 13, 08:55AM)DamDam Wrote: I don't really appreciate the fact that some mods "allow themself" to remove, delete or silence what people want to say as soon as it's criticisms or remarks. If people who develop the game do not accept criticsm, advices or help... what are we left to?
Be quiet, and wait some more months sticking to AC ? People do not want that and it's basically the reason why people are leaving AC..

We will warn our mods and admins to not be restrictive and abusive of their powers. It is mostly constructive criticism there to help us, not hurt us. A lot of us understand this and want discussions to be open and free, so they can be resolved through friendly discussions like this.

Hopefully I answered everything clearly. Thank you for supporting Assault Cube and helping grow the game.

btw count this as my application to be Lead Public Relations for the dev team. Having me talk instead of devs saves hours of dev time that could be used to go to play minigolf, doing more dev stuff, etc.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
General behaviour and shit - by Andrez - 23 Apr 13, 12:25AM
RE: General behaviour and shit - by Skinny-Dog - 23 Apr 13, 12:36AM
RE: General behaviour and shit - by #M|A#Wolf - 23 Apr 13, 01:00AM
RE: General behaviour and shit - by Xenon - 23 Apr 13, 01:05AM
RE: General behaviour and shit - by Nightmare - 23 Apr 13, 01:57AM
RE: General behaviour and shit - by ExodusS - 23 Apr 13, 01:06AM
RE: General behaviour and shit - by Skinny-Dog - 23 Apr 13, 01:07AM
RE: General behaviour and shit - by Bukz - 23 Apr 13, 01:13AM
RE: General behaviour and shit - by ExodusS - 23 Apr 13, 02:04AM
RE: General behaviour and shit - by Alien - 23 Apr 13, 01:23AM