Mapping question: 'solids'
Sorry but no, it's not what I'm asking. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself by assuming AC devs do know the AC engine from inside out, if this is the case please do tell me so I can restate my question so you can understand. To me it's a very basic question when it comes to a basic structure of a 3d computer graphics game, that is, visibility determination.
Every game do make optimizations to send to the gPU the less polygons as possible and this is the purpose of 'solids', I already understand that, but what I'm asking is HOW or what technique is used to accomplish the said occlusion. I also already know AC uses a geomipmapping technique but I was wondering if AC has another oclussion/culling technique besides geomipmapping, I was in the hope an ac dev could tell me how this is implemented in AC, after all they should know the AC engine, they are maintaining/developing it. The source code is somewhat hard to follow and not so well structured, so I wanted to ask to an AC programmer before diving deeply into the code.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Mapping question: 'solids' - by TheNihilanth - 23 Mar 13, 08:11AM
RE: Mapping question: 'solids' - by RandumKiwi - 23 Mar 13, 08:22AM
RE: Mapping question: 'solids' - by RandumKiwi - 23 Mar 13, 09:19AM
RE: Mapping question: 'solids' - by Mr.Floppy - 23 Mar 13, 10:40AM
RE: Mapping question: 'solids' - by TheNihilanth - 23 Mar 13, 11:10AM
RE: Mapping question: 'solids' - by Mr.Floppy - 23 Mar 13, 05:10PM
RE: Mapping question: 'solids' - by Luc@s - 23 Mar 13, 09:41PM
RE: Mapping question: 'solids' - by Mr.Floppy - 25 Mar 13, 12:48PM
RE: Mapping question: 'solids' - by Mr.Floppy - 25 Mar 13, 06:13PM