8th Official Mapping Competition!
Thanks to RandumKiwi and you for taking the time to help out, but I don't think I will be improving this specific map anymore, as it seems it breaks some rules about map building and isn't playable in multiplayer =( . The z-fighting is avoidable even with the regular models, I just didn't know enough about map editing to avoid it, by properly planing the map ahead of time.

To stray a bit off the topic, a few basic objects like cylinders, cubes and slopes of various sizes, or even re-sizable, would help immensely in making better looking maps, especially if they align to the grid. Only usable generic models in the current version are the 8x8 platform and the cardboard box. There's only two cylindrical shapes (the barrel and the overturned version of the barrel) that I could use to make cylindrical things, like logs and the well thingy, and only the cardboard box for walls I couldn't make otherwise (upper walls were not applicable to this map for that purpose). Maybe I could've made some custom content, but I wanted to enter the non-custom category. If anything, an object representing a curved slope could be used for arches, and maybe it would be even better than using height-fields if it takes less CPU power to render it than a height-field for the same purpose.

http://i.imgur.com/UrXZ9JH.jpg
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8th Official Mapping Competition! - by RKTnoob - 08 Mar 13, 07:00PM