Poll: Would you like to see ACinter @ webpage & wikipage?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, i do.
77.08%
37 77.08%
No, i don't.
22.92%
11 22.92%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

ACinter @ assault.cubers.net & wiki.cubers.net
(17 Jun 12, 07:13PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Thanks to you guys!
I only knew about using it through the IRC, and that I found a bit annoying (cause I dont use IRC at all)...
Were there other ways around it? What was the webpage for?
Couldnt this be implemented inside the game or something?
Well, anyway, good luck to you guys, your hard work doent go unnoticed!

That was one of our problems, not every AssaultCube player uses IRC, therefore it is a bit out of the way for them to go onto IRC to organize matches. Therefore, our solution was to implement on our website's main page the most recent match requests from users in IRC listed by the most recent time and date including the type of match they were looking for and the nickname of the player trying to organize it.

For Example this is similar to a single request that would show up on our site:

Sun. June 17, 2012 20:33 UTC+0
Clan Match Anyone?
ikljo: is looking for a clan match! Go to: uk 7777

I had implemented the live request feature onto our website because whenever someone made a request through IRC it would show up on the website for those who don't use IRC and it was an instantaneous live feed, so people would see it as it happened. The website was not only just for that alone, it also hosted our 1v1 tournament for European players and had a list of private servers that you could connect to directly from your browser. It also had its own forum for channel requests and clan recruiting.

Like I said, players who don't use IRC were one of our biggest factors for trying to make the service available to everyone and making it available in game was a feature that was made available on our AC servers a year ago. Our solution was pretty well the same method used on irc but it was only available to be used on our servers which wasn't the best solution.
That feature was discontinued later on when we stopped hosting servers.

But making IRC available in game was a task I've thought about taking on, but because of my busy schedule, it was pushed aside. You never know, someone may come up with something similar to that of RedEclipse in the future. I'll re-add it to my to do list :)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACinter @ assault.cubers.net & wiki.cubers.net - by ikljo - 18 Jun 12, 12:22AM