Poll: ACvideos need to be ..
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
about fragging & tactics
43.55%
27 43.55%
about ladder-whoring & cheating
16.13%
10 16.13%
about server setup & how to pWn
16.13%
10 16.13%
about "how it's meant to be played"
24.19%
15 24.19%
Total 62 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Project Movies - movies on/of/for the project
reminder: Thread/Post-#1
Okay, for starters: any1 is basically free to do their own stuff, on their own - so, anything said about "how to do stuff for the channel" is just for the channel, not meant about videos in general.
And just as perspective burdened is the fact that I can't/won't/daren't put my wishes down as more weighty than a snowflake - definitely not in contradiction to what actually gets produced by whatever body of community input compilators that may .. or may not .. arise out of this thread. This thread is meant to quick-start you into organizing, that's all ;-P

So. What would be kewl ideas to realize as some of the first videos to put on the channel? ..coz' when the obligatory topics were done, the honed teamwork could then be put to more "conceptual" works .. that's my "wish".

How about .. a vid on the HUD, the heads-up display -
it takes you from a small "hello world, this vid is on AC" intro to stills, or better non-too distracting/hectic/active scenes (mini loops?) that show examples of possible HUD views. Talk about the top-of-screen stuff, explain any required intricacies pertaining to AC (as compared to other fps'es).
Then maybe talk about the crosshair, more elaborations on the radar, team-display and special stuff in CTF and other gamemodes.
Try to make this compact & engaging - latter being tricky w/ such dry material - keep it under 5 minutes.
Then maybe keep the ball rolling w/ such "fundamentals"-videos by later adding one that deals with the gamemodes. Maybe better split that into 3 movies actually - one on DM/TDM and akin modes, then one on CTF .. take your time on this the ultimate/royal/supreme discipline of AC .. and one on the keep-the-flag-and-friends modes.

But really, not all should be bone-dry stuff either - of course one should have exemplary material on what it means to have "map control", .. how some tactics work on a variety of maps - tactics in general can surely be a meeting point of sorts for all the variety of gamevid makers, out there. If a good collection of demos can be scoured for live teams performing a pattern in non fake scenario .. that'd be gr8 - I just don't think that there's much hope in doing the scouring/searching in an efficient manner - I rather expect the need for those puppet masters I mentioned in #1, they would have to stage scenarios so as to provide raw material w/ a high density of usability.

What do I mean by that? Okay, say we have such a tactics video to make on something we'll call the 3-man-push. Say our "picture book" example is on ac_shine w/ the RVSF pushing toward the flag w/ 3 combatants on their respective left side up the map. They file into the room w/ the armour,
then - finding the passage empty - perform the 3-m-p.
What is a 3-m-p exactly - mmh, dunno :-P - imagine a tactic meant to ensure you all 3 make it past any potentially ambushing CLA in the short corridor toward the flag-hut-area.
Other tactics - basics could even entail just a series of "capturings" (taken from live demos) .. but that's probably already part of the CTF-gamemode-ACBasicsVid ;-P

There might be videos out there showing "how AC works", "what to do for MOD/media[add|replace|del]/config-stuff/scripting-deluxe/..." ... stuff like that .. chances are (see #1) it's not free of elements that keep us from being able to endorse it as an official video. If you have made one and it'd be possible - by you - to provide a "cleaned up" version (read: w/o music w/o copyright, or other material we can't show our channel as using unfairly) then you're most definitely invited to do this. Of course, it still isn't going to be necessarily put on the channel. So best if you wait till there is this envisioned body of video-producing people and then contact them to see what they think of your original material to gauge if it's feasible/sensible to rework it.

When tournaments - especially if it's something like the release cups - are through a break-down of results and a cutscene collage of the highlights of the best matches would be in order too.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Project Movies - movies on/of/for the project - by flowtron - 21 Mar 12, 11:02AM