Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
The following report was written by V-Man:

http://pastebin.com/CpxXjSgh

It goes into attempting to explain, some rather nasty bugs in CubeScript. An example of one of the larger scripts that seem to be more susceptible to this (these?) bug(s?) can be viewed here.

Everytime, even though all of the current round stats holding alaises are declared on every start, the game will rapidly show "Unknown alias lookup" errors for various aliases throughout the round. Upon examination of saved.cfg after quitting, many of the aliases that were causing the errors no longer existed - because cubescript had truncated their names to 3 characters each, therefore alias hdeaths became hde, alias sgibs became sgi, and so on...for no explainable reason.

Maybe cubescript was never meant to handle tasks such as this, but I think it could easily if a few of these evasive bugs finally got fixed - remember the old $scopesensscale error of 1.0.4? :P I think this is similar, just much worse. lol

I'm sure V-Man/GD other good scripters out there will have a better time explaining these bugs. All I'm 100% sure of is that it's definitely not working the way I intended. :P

This post is both a bug report, and to warn you other scripters out there not to keep rewriting your large scripts over and over thinking you're doing something wrong, check saved.cfg! - you may be experiencing this (one of these?) bug(s)? xD

* Bukz hopes this can get fixed in near future :D

Edit #1:

Also note that V-Man recreated a similar script to the one shown in the example above, for AC 1.0.4, that looped a large amount of alias manipulating scripts, and could not reproduce this bug. So maybe, this is a combination of a small elusive bug in pre-1.1 versions, and the addition of some new idents such as +=, and conline in 1.1+ versions.

Edit #2:

Quote:<+CIA-2> actiongame: eihrul * r5679 /trunk/ac/source/src/command.cpp: non-broken variable modifying commands

Lets hope this fixed it!
* Bukz waits patiently for win bins :P
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1 - by paulryant - 24 Sep 10, 07:30AM
RE: Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1 - by Brett - 13 Aug 10, 12:11PM
RE: Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1 - by Brett - 13 Aug 10, 05:00PM
RE: Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1 - by Bukz - 26 Aug 10, 11:20AM
free wii games - by simaholic - 13 Sep 10, 03:55PM
Yellow Light of Death - by pennyshaq - 14 Sep 10, 07:10AM
RE: Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1 - by crashboat - 14 Sep 10, 08:23AM
RE: Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1 - by airsoftguns - 21 Sep 10, 12:00PM
Death Crash? - by Nate____God - 01 Oct 10, 10:01PM