Speculation on an AC Competitive Mod
(07 Jan 12, 11:24PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote:
(07 Jan 12, 09:17PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Maybe we should agree on a seperate mod for competitive play? Most other FPSs weren't directly supported by the developers but rather by modders. AC has pretty good modding support. If there is interest I could develop a mod with balance changes, the hit-fix, ready-up and map-selection capabilities, etc... all available through a regular client with modconnect. The question is whether anyone would play it.

A "Pro"mod of some sorts would be awesome. Something that strips AC down further. E.g. a server with maxclient at 8, no spread on any weapon, one sniper per team, no shotgun, no armer, no nades, health at 60 per player. Only certain maps and modes would be available. Possibly more modes created, such as an objective based version of TSURV.

Just throwing ideas into the air.

I would have to side a bit with OpenSource on this one. I am a bit against this idea, at least based upon how MrOptic created his ideals for it. I don't really see the point of having a maximum number of clients at eight as teams could always grow beyond that point. Along with that, if you eliminate the spread on every weapon then the skill you would have had in being able to control you weapon better (at least if I interpret the basis of how spread works). I understand that it is good to have it set with one of specific weapons on certain teams, but saying that you can't have a shotgun is more of people complaining about it because they find that it is "noob." The shotgun is a viable weapon of AssaultCube and as such, accept it and maybe even shoot it. The same applies with grenades: if you can use them well, why shouldn't you be able to use it? I don't have as much of a problem with armor, but it wouldn't be back to allow only helmets or something of the sort. On your last point, I can make no sense of it. In suggesting that the health is at only 60, that means that any shot with a sniper would kill the opponent. Now correct me if you find me wrong, but if that were the case, the shotgun should be more than viable. The sniper would become an overpowered killing machine, as many find the shotgun now.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
[split] Pro Mod - by Roflcopter - 07 Jan 12, 09:17PM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by evanzo23 - 08 Jan 12, 07:59PM