Speculation on an AC Competitive Mod
(08 Jan 12, 01:50AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote:
(07 Jan 12, 09:17PM)Roflcopter Wrote: I've been told that even a 100% aimbot in singleplayer loses a large chunk of bullets. AC has more randomness and luck than any competitive shooter I know.

Maybe we should agree on a seperate mod for competitive play? Most other FPSs weren't directly supported by the developers but rather by modders. AC has pretty good modding support. If there is interest I could develop a mod with balance changes, the hit-fix, ready-up and map-selection capabilities, etc... all available through a regular client with modconnect. The question is whether anyone would play it.
F2

This idea has a lot of potential OpenSource, and considering you've never played a match in your life. Or if you have it's been a long time - I don't see why it concerns you so much, it's not like we'll be playing another game.

Pro Mod would be great, all games that are played seriously tend to stray away from vanilla and narrow their thoughts of what is good and right to them in game. I don't see why AC should be any different. I love the idea of team switching half way, to stop people getting better bases and choosing bias picks. No spread on weapons is nice. Still, a lot of this needs some proper thought put into it.

I think Larry has already decided to commandeer my servers for when he starts work on this. So it will be something like /modconnect uk.myys.tk 7777 match, I am sure.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
[split] Pro Mod - by Roflcopter - 07 Jan 12, 09:17PM
RE: Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN) - by Jason - 08 Jan 12, 07:05PM