I Need Beta Testers! (Mappers Preferred)
(29 Sep 11, 02:35PM)Alien Wrote: This concept is disaster for creative people. :)

I'm not sure how many places I can or should put this before it starts to sound annoyingly redundant...

This is not meant to generate finished maps! This is meant as a tool to get you started and give you ideas! There are countless details that go into good mapmaking that are simply not dealt with in this script! Please put your creativity into any and every map you make!

(29 Sep 11, 02:35PM)Alien Wrote: 1. i couldn't find help docs for that commands in map tools package.
Being a beta, I haven't actually made any docs yet. Pretty much all the docs are comments in the mapgen config file. XD
For starters, you'll need to know to put all three files in the "scripts" SVN folder; then, in-game, "/mapgenmenu" will get you started.

Quote:2. i miss /reverse_script in map tools package where with selected area you can create a script in sense of reverse engineering. The reusable code would be nice addition.
I'm not sure I've seen anything like that. If CubeScript had more access to cube details such as current textures, height, and vdelta information, this would be quite feasible.

I did make something that reads the solids in your map for use in other things... and vice-versa.

To those who may have gotten their hands on the first beta I passed around, this has a few changes and bug fixes in it already. You'll want to update yours with this version.

Here is another issue I'd like some help addressing:
The "genrooms" script is intended to generate enough rooms to fill the map, and uses simple geometry to eyeball how much room is left. However, it consistently generates more rooms than fit on the map. While this is not inherently a problem, it makes it difficult to keep track of individual rooms when they overlap. Can anyone see in that alias or its child alias "formyboundary" where this overlapping occurs?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Need Beta Testers! (Mappers Preferred) - by V-Man - 29 Sep 11, 03:38PM